B&B to air classic episodes

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I agree. I don't buy Thorsten Kaye as Ridge or a Forrester and I don't think you can recast such an iconic, long-running role.

With that said, I do wonder what Robert Kelker-Kelly would do with the part.

• Members

I don't know, the way Brad Bell spoke it seemed like he was always pretty gung ho on recasting Ridge. Ronn and his wife made it VERY CLEAR how they would feel about recasting Ridge and Brad did it anyway. 

• Members

+1 

That's show business baby! You don't want to continue playing a role handed to you 25 years ago? Someone else will! 

Hubby got me it for Christmas, along with a "Most Shocking Moments" DVD of 10 episodes (though most "shocking moments" are in the 2000's when I wasn't watching as much) 

• Members

Brooke's Bedroom episode was so much fun I loved Taylor at home all but clutching her pearls and seeing Brooke being bad to torment Stephanie and Taylor and the ending scene wkth Stephanie, Brooke and Ridge falling onto the bed. 

• Members

The 1991 honeymoon episode was an odd choice to represent Brooke but I think it represents the Big Four well and how complicated they were. I actually liked how over the top romantic they made the honeymoon. 

I hate what the show turned into overall with Brooke and Stephanie becoming BFFs and this ridiculous Ridge recast. Even if they moved past the Big Four with Steffy/Liam/Hope,  which I initially liked they just have stories with no meaning and long term impact and the first chance they have potential for gold they ruin it. 

• Members

I saw that! That pushes B&B through to it’s 35th year. Haha at least B&B was able to end on a cliffhanger. I heard some chatter that B&B was looking at possibly resuming production next month but hadn’t heard any follow up unless we see Sally and Wyatt yelling at each other over Skype LOL.

• Members

It's too bad other soaps haven't done this (yes, I know about those brief GL and ATWT releases--but I'm surprised Days or Y&R haven't).  Why 16 episodes though?  Wouldn't it make sense to end at 15 or 20 (for a full month?)

There's a German release under the same title, except it's 25 episodes (five discs) per set and they've released 8 volumes--the first 200 episodes (which I guess is almost the first year).  They are in English and German but in European PAL format I believe.

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

At least they released two. I agree it should've been 20 episodes. 

I really wanted the German release as it had so much more content but I didn't have dvd player that could play them. I own a blu ray player and that's where I play all my dvds from soaps to TV classic shows to movies.

I wish we'd get a YR dvd release but I'm not banking on it.