B&B to air classic episodes

• Members

Today's "classic" episode reminded me why I was fading out of B&B around this time. Boring, cranky, miserable Nick Marone took over the show, Stephanie became inexplicably pro-Brooke, and the beginning of the Logan revival led by unfortunate recasts of Beth and Stephen.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

It shows how inconsistent the writing was.

I remember Nick being pretty disgusting and gross, and here he's a prude.

Yesterday Brooke was flaunting her sexuality and Stephanie was offended, but today Stephanie is supportive and supposedly Brooke was talked into it.

Bridget was in love with Nick, but here she's worried Nick and Brooke won't get married.

• Members

They basically turned Stephanie into a rape facilitator to prop Brooke and Ridge. Having Stephanie tell him "don't take no for an answer" was so over the top and disgusting.

I have no idea how Flannery stayed on that show as long as she did. 

• Members

I wonder now whether it's due to B&B losing the rights to some soundtracks that there are so many episodes missing from the official YouTube channel. They changed music during Brooke's Bedroom presentation (and the closing sequence - originally there was Dionne Warwick's song played), Katie and Bill's wedding and in episode #953 they removed scenes between Clarke and Sally to make room for Thorsten Kaye and leave only the scenes with the original four. When Brooke and Eric started to make love there was also different track used originally. Funny!

• Members

You guys crack me, but it's true: B&B's choices are soooo randomn and hideous. Not only do most of these "celebs" fail to have any celebrity aura about them but some episodes like the Bob Barker one are just TERRIBLE. It's hard to believe that even thought they now go beyond 2012 for their "classics", yet most of them have been utter failures. And B&B is usually spot on with such stuff because for years we had LOADS of flashbacks to truly classic moments on various occasions. Brooke and the fight for BeLieF, Sheila&Lauren and the hot tub fight, Sheila holding the Forresters at gunpoint, Brooke giving birth to Bridget or Hope, Sheila shooting Taylor, Taylor coming back from the dead in 2005. The list is endless!?

The only really good episode next week is going to be the Betty White one. And they could have reaired the entire Ann Douglas storyarc - and it would have been amazing. Sigh!

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

In 2005/2006 there were some craaaaazy out of character plots with characters surrounding Brooke: not only was Nick suddenly a prude. Not only did Massimo suddenly hate Brooke. Not only did Miss Goody Two Shoes Megan/Brooke's assistant, suddenly turn against Brooke out of love for Massimo!? Not only did Brooke suddenly be super desperate to be with Nick when he was only obnoxious and lost all his beginner's appeal from 2003 for good.

Plus Lesley Anne Down of NORTH AND SOUTH and Patrick Duffy of DALLAS fame.

• Members

Completely agree. It seem to everything that happened to Brooke during that era was done for pure shock value from Ridge’s non-consensual sex with Brooke to  having Taylor pregnant with her egg to her children being take away to her by rape by the stooge Stephanie setup. Just awful. 

Haha I did like the Megan twist. I had a liked Down on Sunset Beach and initially liked Jackie but then they tried to make her Sally 2.0 and her and Brandon Beemer’s character good god. 

• Members

Didn’t Massimo always have a problem with Brooke? It was because of him she fell out of the Eiffel Tower right? 

the 1998 episode sounds promising although I could give two hoots about Usher....i wonder how much his residual check is worth??