B&B to air classic episodes

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'm usually totally in line with B&B's campiness, but this episode should have never aired in the first place, let alone earn a repeat slot during a "classic marathon".

I just saw #710 again - from Amy Silence's uploads - and the Spectra scene with Sally, Darla and Saul were GREAT comedy. The line delivery, scene stealing and fun context. Those were the days: Darlene Conley and Schae Harrison were particularly amazing

• Members

Thank you

Please register in order to view this content

Whoa, SF was amazing in that scene. 12 years of rage brought to the surface.

That's what I'm looking forward to as well, a week of Queen Stephanie (preferably her best bitch slaps from 1987-1999) and a week of Sally.

With a week of Stephanie, it would be interesting to see the contrasts again in how she was written, Bill Bell's Jennifer/Katherine/Vanessa hybrid and Bradley Bell's female Victor.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Hadn’t seen it talked about yet, but Brown was so gorgeous as a tortured Sheila holding the Forresters hostage in today’s 1995 episode that aired. Unlike Y&R last week so nice to see something from Sheila’s glory days not to mention it was a change for direction for Sheila away from the Forresters.

Interesting to see Sally and Gladys mingle for the first time apparently. 

• Members

What Maggie/Dylan/Jessica and Michael didn’t set the show on fire that summer? Just kidding!! I recall being interested in Ivana’s murder mystery but then we had that unfortunate scene of Anthony shooting Sally on her way to canasta night. Now Lisa from Saved by the Bell’s elevator plunge was kind of funny though. 

• Members

I REALLY liked the Ivana murder and had a soft spot for Maggie/Dylan. But in all fairness: the Jessica character was even dated in 1995... she was Y&R's Cricket in 1983 all over again. And the show had lots of interesting characters and overall good storytelling, but no real highlights after the classic Sheila showdown that CBS reaired this week. At least that's how I recall it 20+ years later.

• Members

B&B started to tank around summer 1995. Then in the fall Sheila returned and Lauren moved over from Y&R to B&B, but by 1996 they weren't in each other's orbit as much.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Just watched the Stephanie/Brooke confrontation episode. You could really feel 12 years of Stephanie's pent up rage being unleashed. No wonder Susan Flannery won the Lead Actress Emmy in 2000. 

Hard to believe this was Bradley Bell's work and not Bill Bell's. Bradley also took elements of his father's work. Rick/Amber/Kimberly was Bradley's version of Phillip/Nina/Cricket.