B&B to air classic episodes

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lol these 1991 episodes revolving around Eric & Brooke’s wedding and then now Eric & Brooke’s honeymoon are hilariously over the top with too much pompous grandiose, especially since the would end up divorced they following year. 

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Agree completely. I feel that way about all of their weddings— just ridiculous, and the vows are hysterical because we know none of it lasts or means anything.

This episode LOOKED really old and dated, too — those long, lingering looks, the camera pans that lasted forever, the hot air balloon that’s supposed to give you the feels while it’s a cliche from hell.

• Members

It wasn't a very interesting episode IMO. Didn't we have the preceding episode two weeks ago? It's like someone pulled out one episode and said well let me take this one right next to it and use it for another week. Is a wedding the most exciting thing they have to show us about Brooke? I don't know, maybe it is but I feel like if you're showing one off episodes they need to have more action and excitement. This dragged on a bit and maybe without the context it did make me super uncomfortable that mom and son were having a conversation about their exes who are now together. Stephanie telling Ridge it's not over with her ex-husband and Ridge knwowing his ex is married to his father. I mean it's not a new concept on soaps to have all these characters have relationships with each other and marry each other and I have watched BB before for many years so I was aware of the history. However, I'm not sure if this exchange just made the concept more obvious where I was just a bit creeped out. 

And the fact she goes between these men several times throughout the years. It's like I'm glad yall are environmentally friendly and like to recycle but you dont need to apply that concept to your women. It's like your dad knows your wife's goodies as much as you do and you took her back and went to each other's weddings and then back again. Oh lord...I can't. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

I always liked those episodes but they might be very 80s with the tent in the dessert.

Today's episode however is a true classic. Brooke's Bedroom extravaganza (why would they ever SKIP the BeLieF showdown in Eric's FC office is beyond me. KKL was KILLING the scene!) is some fancy camp and still present to this day in some form. And Brooke is very desperate and wh*rish in in this episode which is true to character unlike her present self. LOL

• Members

That 1991 honeymoon episode was over-the-top soap romance schmaltz. LOL I'm guessing that was a hit in 1991, as we winded down from the opulence of the 80's, but boy that was pure cheese. 

I liked the Stephanie/Ridge scenes because at the time, it was the first go-around of swapping partners and people marrying daddy figures and whatnot, which would go on to become a B&B staple, but at the beginning it was escandalo!