GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

I agree that Sam has lost any impact as a character, she's been made so weak lately. Her and Jason were a semi interesting pairing at one point but in the long run I don't find Jason to have that much chemistry with Sam. Laura Wright is definitely not on the level of Sarah Brown's gutter snipe Carly or Tamara Braun's petulant diva Carly but she gets the job done IMO. I feel like early in her run she was more spicy but now they're attempting to turn her into the town heroin which dulls her as a character. I'd rather see her be an antagonist again.

Hopefully GH wises up and airs classics soon. There's so many all storylines that directly relate to today such as Susan Moore, AJ's paternity, Michael's paternity drama, Faison, Kevin and Ryan, even Anna and Robert.

2007 is definitely not far back enough but it's looking like gold compared to today's shows. At the very least GH could at least re-air the stash from the 50th Anniversary Collection! I can't even believe CBS actually managed to air classic episodes.

Edited by ironlion

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Even during the Summer of Sleaze/Liason I just couldn't get on the KeMo bandwagon. But, honestly, I was over her before her first scene because of how much the soap rags hyped up her debut on GH. And to start her out with that horrific card story with IR and endless screen time... she honestly just probably never had a chance with me. LOL. But I also genuinely don't find her to be a good actress. I thought she was pretty weak during the baby Lila story and just completely laughable during Liason. It was comical to me whenever Sam would antagonize Liz at the nurse's station. I never felt anything during her struggling with Alexis/her childhood. Just never cared really because I just find her range to be very limited. After awhile I just got used to her being onscreen every. single. day. But I'll admit she seemingly put in effort back then. These days it's like she's just woken up from a nap in every scene.

As for LW, I have hated her in the role since day one. *shrugs*

No one is surprised Jasam week is next but it's still disappointing when you've got B&B airing their first episode or Y&R really digging into the vault.

• Members

You know, even if I didn't always agree with it, I could always at least understand why GH/ABC kissed Tony Geary's ass all the time.

Maurice Benard/Sonny, on the other hand? I do not get it - he's never taken this show to extreme highs never witnessed before for them to continue to act as if they should be indebted to him. If anything, the continued focus on him has cost them a huge chunk of their audience over the past 20 years. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

GH had an opportunity to go deep into the archives and give fans some really great classics and this is what they choose? I mean even episodes from the 90s would have been great. 

Edited by GLATWT88