GH to air "classic" episodes

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I like LW.  I think she's a perfect soap actress honestly.  She's a very loyal team player, pretty enough, and does her job.  I just need her away from MB.  She can interact with so much of the cast.  Sonny can just like mumble at pictures of Brenda and I'd be fine.  His character has outlived his usefulness for sure.  And this is from a girl who thought Sonny was the greatest in 1995.

• Members

I unfortunately started watching GH well into Maurice no longer remembering his lines. I’ve seen maybe one episode or so from the 90’s and it’s like night and day. And they continue to reward him for it.

• Members

That's a shame.  MB seems like a nice enough guy but he was great in the 90's   No stammering, no awkward pauses.  It's night and day.  I think he started coasting in 2003, 2004?   I never saw him as a full on leading man.  A lead in his own stories?  Absolutely.   But never an entire shows leading man. 

• Members

Where did this info about pre-2013 stuff?  Is it from Carolyn Hinsey comments about music rights?  That only makes sense for episodes with music in them (i.e. early Nurse's Ball stuff).  Not every episode at music with rights they need to worry about, case in point they had had those collections with earlier episode (including when they did the Sonny/Carly collection on ABC.com with episodes from Sarah Brown/Tamara Braun included.

• Members

Not only is his acting poor but the propping up of a murdering mobster and his hitman, is just ridiculous. I watched the show for at least a decade or more before I had to throw in the towel. I couldn’t handle it anymore. I was always a bigger fan of Sonny’s enemies most of the time, especially Faith and Claudia.

• Members

Yeah it was about the music, but I thought she was talking about background music and not musical numbers. Maybe I misunderstood.

Speaking of "collections", I remember they posted online for a limited period in early 2019, a sixteen-episode set called "best of nurses ball 2014-2018".  So I think that's what they are drawing from for airdates May 25 - June 12.  Already packaged, easy to put on air now. I think I saw some recently released clips with the logo "best of the nurses ball".

You mentioned they had a Sonny/Carly collection a while back.  I bet they'll just draw from that for these episodes.  No extra work for the GH staff.

Edited by janea4old

• Members

I agree exactly with your sentiments on LW. I also love that she loves soaps and that she enjoys what she does. There's some actors who show up and it's a paycheck and they have no love or interest for the genre and are hoping to get paid and hopefully land something big (and that's absolutely okay, many do their job and do it well but their love ends there.) 

Same here. It made it difficult to enjoy the character. There are some actors on GH who know how to work around his difficulties and make it work, but when MB is paired with a newbie or someone who doesn't, his lack is severely highlighted and it makes the scenes unbearable at times. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

I am confused how Soapnet got everything for the 50th and we can't go back past 2013 now?

LOVED Faith and Alcazar.  Awesome.  Sonny carved out a decent niche with Brenda and even with SJB's Carly.  It just isn't a character you build a soap on.  He's far more interesting than Jason IMO, but he's so far removed from what GH should be built on.  

It's clear MB likes certain actresses.  I always feel like he tolerates LW because he has nothing better to do.  She always brings the energy in the scenes. 

• Members

I also really enjoyed Alcazar, especially with Skye until if I’m remembering correctly, she actually let Sonny and Jason kill him.

And I’ve never seen an ounce of chemistry between LW and MB. Like you said it feels like he’s tolerating her while Laura is desperately trying to make something happen in their scenes even though she often comes across as shrill.

• Members

Ted King was so hot and sexy so of course they fired him..

I think MB and LW have okay friend chemistry.  They seem fine as co-parents.  There is 0 sexual heat.

Laura 100% overcompensates for him   She does her job.  Not sure what Maurice is waiting for on this.  A new love interest?  Someone to put his cue cards directly in front of him?  I think he either wants a brand new love interest or for Vanessa to come back, neither seem likely.