GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

I'm screaming!!! I thought I was the only one that recalled her brief stint as Carly. I remember watching but I wasn't really following what was going on BTS, online or on the mags, and suddenly when she appears in the episode it's announced "The part of Carly is now being played by..." and I was not feeling her at all in the role. It was such a weird transition for me...I was also still relatively new to soaps and I think I was just thrown that a major character was just replaced like that with a little announcement on screen but I equally loved it. Bransford was on a few months and then quickly replaced by LW which also surprised me and I was excited. I loved LW on GL and was hoping for a lot more but it pains me to see her in that role. 

I would love it if they played an episode with JB's Carly. I feel like Maurice was super awkward in those scenes too.

Edited by GLATWT88

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

During that year after Guza left for Sunset Beach and the show ran out of his story projections, I felt the Carly/Tony/AJ story and if Bobbie would ever learn the truth were the only good things happening on the show.  And it all revolved around her.

I think Laura has had some great moments as Carly- just few and far between with Sonny.  They lack chemistry, especially compared to the other two main Carly’s.

• Members

I wouldn't considered 2007 classic even if a flaming bag of [!@#$%^&*] was on the screen for an hour.

There was one writer, somewhere before "Cartini" arrived to "save" the show, who I felt got her (although I didn't watch on a regular basis). They had scenes like Carly overhearing other characters essentially talking about what dirty trash she was, and had her humiliating herself due to her insecurity. Laura Wright wasn't as good as Sarah Brown, but I felt she did play those moments. Unfortunately 99% of the time, Carly is written under Wright as someone we're meant to side with. That was never Carly's role. Carly was an anti-heroine.

• Members

Carly/Tony/AJ was the only good story at that point.  Everything else was literally awful. SJB carried it well.  

It's not the fact the LW is bad.  I think she's a decent actress.  She just has 0 romantic chemistry with MB and she's not Carly.  They should have had her play a new character because this Carly is just so off base of what Carly should be.   But I think LW plays off of other members of the cast pretty well.  It's just Sonny and Carly should have been a blip on the radar instead of the main couple on the show lol.  Is there a huge contingent of Carson fans out there?  Maybe, but I don't think it's enough of a faction to base an entire week of episodes on them.  I assume most people are like me.  Carson doesn't hugely offended me, but I really don't care about them at all.  

• Members

Someone on here said that LW has chemistry with almost every man on this show EXCEPT MB, and I agree with that.

OT: I liked Cassie and no doubt she was popular, but it’s hilarious that for Amelia Heinle, Laura, and Paul Anthony Stewart, even as they all went on to higher-profile roles on more iconic soaps, they had their best daytime roles from the start: on Loving.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

LW has chemistry with most of the cast.  Ingo being #1.  They waste her on Sonny.  MB has a very limited amount of people he has romantic chemistry with.  Very limited.  No matter how many women they throw at them..  LW is a much more versatile actress even if her preferred method of acting is shouting lol.   She at least knows her lines and stuff.  Which is more than I can say about MB...