GH to air "classic" episodes

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Her popularity has always astounded me.  KeMo is a pretty girl and obviously very loyal to GH, but I have never seen such a lethargic female lead.  She's good as a bad girl, but as a good girl ZZZZZZZZ.....She's made a good career out of being a Brenda bot that survived so good for her, I guess.  But Steve Burton had much better chemistry with SJB, KMc, BH etc.  I don't know why GH builds their show on the world's most boring couples.  I guess it's better than the best of Jason and Courtney lol

• Members

It's sort of chicken and the egg with PAS, because I honestly don't know if Casey or Danny would have been anything without him. He is one of the most quietly charismatic actors daytime ever had. 

Laura tried for a few years as Cassie, but became so cold after a while.

Heinle has never been anything close to what she was at Steffi. My rare viewings of Y&R suggest she has improved from her lows at AMC and a lot of her earlier Y&R run, but that isn't saying a hell of a lot. The only interesting thing about her in the last 20 years has been her offcamera love life. 

• Members

I adore PAS and completely agree. Heinle has good moments, but they are rare.

Laura is very capable, as Ally showed, but she’s not really going to offer much beyond what’s on the script, which she’ll play big and to the hilt. She’s playing Carly exactly as written. It’s just the writing sucks and is one-dimensional.

• Members

Laura does solid work with mostly dreck, but Sarah will always be the definitive Carly.

LW's best chemistry was with Sean Kanan and Ingo, and separating her from them is a blunder the character has never recovered from. LW created her own power base in the role paired with Jax; her Carly was evolved from Sarah's and gone full bougie but the grit and steel were still there, and she didn't need Sonny or Jason central in her life to have money or to flex. As bad as the stories got, when LW's Carly vowed vengeance on Lulu or Dante over some dumb shït you believed she could and would do it.

Edited by Vee

• Members

LW does her best work when she's working on crazy schemes.  She is unintentionally hilarious.  The best part of Brenda's 2010 return was LW's Carly's head exploding little by little at Brenda's existence and her sheer glee at trying to ruin Brenda and Dante's lives.  That's when I became a fan.  

I loved her with Jax.  It's so stupid to waste Ingo/Jax on Nina when there is no chem there.  LW and IR just fit better than her and MB ever will.  Even though I am not truly sure why Jax decided to take Carly on in the first place lol.

• Members

I agree with this. She does feel like a formidable opponent to whomever she’d go up against. And you’re not just going to clown her in a scene, whether you’re Maura West or Jane Elliot or Sarah Brown herself. She’s not Amelia Heinle, who gets blown off the screen in scenes with Mark Grossman as she tries to be big and bad.

The evolution of Carly does make *some* sense. I could see how someone with her roots could harden into an arrogant, imperious society mom with money and power on her side. I just don’t buy the big love for Sonny. Every scene between her and Mo feels false.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

I haven't watched GH much since LW took over, probably watched a solid year after she took over the role before I stopped watching and would only catch an episode or week here or there. I still don't think of her as Carly and when I do watch nowadays it still takes me a while to register that she's Carly and not some other random character. 

• Members

I’m hoping that Frank and Mo’s relationship, or whatever you can call it, comes to a head now that Dominic Zamprogna has made it clear that he wants to come back but Frank has now paired Lulu with one of his OLTL friends 

• Members

If Sam had been played by any other actress she would've been gone years and years ago... like after the Sonny/Sam affair. They could've killed Sam off while giving birth to Baby Lilaaaa. She flopped immediately with that Dead Man's Hand story with IR so they threw her at MB. They kept at it because the network loved KeMo. She finally lucked out with Jasam but the girl has never had a memorable performance or storyline IMO. Just so boring and such a waste of airtime. She's clearly miserable.

I'd actually rather watch a Jason and Courtney collection. At least I could see Tamara, Cynthia Preston and Rick Hearst again. lol.