GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

2003: when Mo Benard, Tyler Christopher, and Ingo Rademacher were all still attractive. 

So funny to see goofy, petulant Scott Clifton in two different eras today (on B&B and GH). He can be good, but the tics are on display on both shows.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Seeing the "faces of the heart" GH intro live at 3:00

Please register in order to view this content

. Tamara Braun as Carly equally . I wish they'd made her antagonistic towards Sonny and Carly upon her return much like they did with Sarah Brown's Claudia. Kim was too boring and soft for the actress who played the petulant diva Carly.

Faith was a female villain I liked, curious as the what the general opinions are surrounding her? 

Scott Baldwin seemed like more of a strong adversarial district attorney against Sonny and Jason compared to Mac.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Yeah, that got me too. It’s odd that this was so long ago, but in many ways it feels like 100 years ago. The lighting of this era was a lot warmer, which feels like another holdover from the Riche era.

I remember Braun’s Carly was easy to accept. She had a lot of physical and tonal similarities to Sarah Brown in addition to being a strong, if softer, actress.

This was not a golden era, but there was a hell of a lot of potential here.

The actress playing Sage reminds me of Katie Holmes at times.

• Members

Tamara Braun was a good recast with some absolute stinker storylines, she could have been a lifer if they would have bothered to allow Carly to grow beyond Sonny's appendage. But even she saw what she was in for on this show.

• Members

Imagine watching a show that hates it's viewers this much.

I'm not even joking, this is clear contempt from the people in charge toward the viewership. Oh some of you want to see other characters or highlight stories not featuring Sonny? Well, you can go f**k yourself.

Edited by Darn

• Members

I just do not get this.  Look at your own data GH- As the focus became more closed in on Sonny, Carly, Jason and their kids during the 2000’s, the show shed millions of viewers.

I would absolutely tune in for any theme week from before Valentini, and before JFP (although the Metro Court Hostage story is just waiting for a rerun).

Even all these Sonny centric weeks are light on Brenda, his most iconic pairing with fans!  Give me their first meeting, the wire episode, Brenda stranded at the alter, her reunion with Sonny when she came back from the dead, their wedding.

Unlike a lot of soaps, GH has 40 years of “event” episodes and bottle stories to capitalize on, because they are so plot driven.  From Riche alone we could have BJ’s death, a week of Robin & Stone, Ryan in the funhouse, Puerto Rico, the shootout in Laura’s house.  From Guza the ball and Katherine’s death, his return as HW week when Nikolas was shot outside Luke’s and Carly tells Tony the baby is Jason’s.  Plus others from before the 1990’s and 2000’s!

What a waste.

• Members

Seriously.  If they do Sonny episodes do some when he was actually semi-likable.  They aren't just light on Brenda.  There hasn't been any Brenda and I don't believe she appears in any of these episodes to come.  I am almost positive she's not on the 01/06/11 one and I think the airdate for Michael's prison sentence is wrong.  He goes to jail like an episode after he confesses lol.  Not four months later.

There are seriously 1000 episodes to show that are better than any of these Sonny ones.  I would love to see Robin/Stone, BJ's death, or Clink Boom.   My hope is after these episodes air they go further into their vault.   But watch the next week will be the best of Franco or some nonsense with only Roger Howarth

• Members

You're more likely to get The Best of the Sonny Classics Week where they pick an episode from each week so far and repeat it again or The Best of 2020 so far with repeats from the past few months. 

I wouldn't mind a Best of Laura week spanning several decades that would include several vets still on the show, but that's not happening.

Edited by GLATWT88