GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

The responses on Instagram truly only help support whoever chooses these repeats. The excitement and praise for another Sonny week or the when are new episodes come back drown out a very few asking for better choices or real classics. The Sonny praise is insane, but saying MB was a great actor took me out. I can't 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

LLC and DZ as mother/son is so ridiculous. He looks like he could be her older brother. That it was at all credible at any point is a testament to those actors.

JJ was always so red-rimmed and miserable when I watched this go-around as Lucky. He’s a really great actor with a lot of access to his emotions, but that was just exhausting to watch. It was refreshing to see him somewhat more upbeat on Nashville (before that show went to total sh!t).

• Members

Just like his mother, especially as written by Guza.  She was almost always miserable or afraid everything was going to fall apart once Nikolas arrived. The year Lucky was “dead“ was really awful as far as watching her grieve, and Lucky’s last return reminded me of how they wrote for Laura.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

I see the same trend with y&r and b&b. Fans from these online threads seem to have a more wholehearted understanding of each of the soaps classical eras, and seem to be more scrutinizing of what we're being shown on screen these days. This in comparison to the modern fans on social media who seem to eat up whatever trash the writers come up with, and "ship" literally any couple paring.

Case and point, this is fan choice week #2 for B&B and all requested episodes have been from the 2010s, despite the show's best era being pre 2002. Similarly fans on Y&R's official facebook are complaining about why it's actors haven't gotten back to filming---whereas here on DTS---fans appear to be enjoying and dissecting each of the older classic episodes.

Edited by ironlion

• Members

That’s why I’ve always loved this board, in spite of its issues. There are smart individual voices on Twitter and elsewhere, but SON remains one of the few places on the web that takes the genre seriously. We’re not going to take whatever sh!t is shoveled to us. 

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Facts!

I see Michael's shooting is "re-re-re" airing next week. In watching clips on YouTube it's insane how many simultaneous storylines Sonny had from 2008-2010. I had foggy memories of watching Kate's shooting live. While re-watching the scenes, I was surprised to see Claudia sitting in the audience.

Between 2008 and 2009 alone feature the Sonny related plots of: Claudia and Sonny, Michael's shooting & coma, Sonny and Kate's relationship/ wedding shooting, Franco's arrival, Dante's undercover operation, etc....

Edited by ironlion

• Members

THIS!

To be fair I have seen a good amount of pushback towards the endless Sonny weeks (edit: on Twitter; I stay away from Soap Facebook and Soap Insta) but of course the crazies have the loudest voices, lol.

Pretty much sums it up.

And so so so many 'fans' want instant gratification. "Why doesn't so and so know already" ... etc. It's so annoying. These stans who have no idea how soaps work are helping ruin the genre because for whatever reason the soaps cater to them. The whole "team" so and so is SO damaging to me and divisive. 

Edited by KMan101