GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

Monavie. Shivers. I do feel his leaving and coming back from Y&R has mellowed him so I can believe that.

Well, you got it...just not with SBu's Jason.

Please register in order to view this content

I was such a Jason/Robin fan and loathed SJB Carly messing that up.

Even as a Liason fan (and I admit that I liked Greasy Black/White Ball Hair...don't shoot me), I saw more in common with McBain and Sam vs Jason and Sam outside of the opportunity to see Liz get back with him. Perhaps it is because ME and KM played one of my favorite couples. I loved Livvie and Caleb together...they fit perfectly once she went bad girl and I have fun memories (and live for the day it shows up on YT again with the original song Delirum's FLOWERS BECOME SCREEN) of the masquerade ball from the Naked Eyes arc on PC when they crossed past and had those other live flashbacks as they were dancing. shivers and just that timeless Vampire love vibe. Rumbling. lol. But I felt they had an easy chemistry and just fit better given the things going on in their lives.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I also thought he looked great with his longer hair, but it wasn’t butch enough for mob Jason apparently.

Yes, it did kind of coincide with his marriage now that I think about it.  But still, look at Kelly.  Nobody is letting her not be in a bikini.  It’s just another example of a double standard.  Again, his clothes were not even fitted until he came back under Valentini.

The men on GH have fought so many romantic pairings it is ridiculous.  Steve did it, Tyler did it.  Tony (mostly not wanting to be paired with Laura again, but still).

Liz/Jason/Sam/Lucky could have been that generations Lesley/Rick/Monica/Alan.  But key performers (mostly Steve) have reportedly pushed back against it several times.

• Members

I liked them as rivals because Robin wasn’t the normal good girl trope on soaps, she had been through it and was tough, and SJB’s Carly had that vulnerability that made you root for her even when she was a nightmare to everyone else.

• Members

Today’s classic shows just how much the creative team at the time needed a change.  They finally got Vanessa back and subjected us to this.  With all this emotion on display, the show should not feel this lethargic.

I do think this is maybe the best speech about himself that Sonny has ever delivered in his entire run on the show.  The power he knows will always be there.  Even if he has to fight for it.  Because the love, even if he fights for it, won’t last or stay.  That’s why he will always choose power.

• Members

If this is the episode I'm thinking of, it's some of Maurice's last, best work and it's the reason I've said ever since that there is no point pairing Sonny with anyone unless the character chooses to fundamentally change. If he won't do it for Brenda, he'll do it for no one. It was an incredible scene.

Edited by Vee

• Members

It is probably MB's last, best work.  It was actually probably the best VM/MB scene in her return because it made sense for both characters and was well acted.  The fundamental issues in their relationship were still there even if the love still was as well.  The JaSam stuff is pretty silly compared to the emotion of Sonny and Brenda.  Also it had some good Jax stuff with him saying goodbye to little Morgan.