GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

At one point, Dante was on 12 days/week.  Benard usually has a problem with new folks not named Sonny eating thru the show but if the new character is related to Sonny, Benard is good.

I have always hated Dante and he was 75% dirty cop but Dom played him very well.  

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I remember thinking they were building to another Jason is angry with Sonny storyline.  

He had lots of scenes about Michael ending up in prison, mad at himself for letting Sonny raise Michael, couldn’t be with Liz or his own kid, angry with Sonny’s choices in regards to Claudia.  I remember a scene with Carly and Jason where they went just shy of condemning Sonny when Michael was going to jail.  The only other time it got close to bad between them that I can remember is when Sonny and Emily were together.

• Members

The only other times I can remember where way earlier in their history.  When Sonny fired Jason because Robin asked him to in 1997 (and I think Jason was more mad at Robin) and when Sonny and Carly first hooked up, but Jason left town shortly after. 

Jason should be a lot more angry at Sonny more often, but Jason makes horrible life choices too so....

Michael should really still be angry at Sonny.  After all the shootings, kidnappings, jail time, etc. Sonny then kills his dad!  And he had five minutes of anger and is now fine with him again.  Michael vs. Sonny could have been awesome for years.

Btw, I totally forgot a good guy that has always hated Sonny and that's Jax, but he appears so rarely I forgot about their decades long feud lol that Jax will never get the upper hand on, so pointless.

• Members

Whenever I watch GH over the past 20 years, my thought is always, “What wasted talent.” So many solid, interesting performers sat on the sidelines or got scraps while Maurice Bernard stuttered and sleepwalked through The Sonny Corinthos Show. Not an original observation by any means, but it’s actually quite sad when you imagine an alternative history.

But maybe it could have been worse. It’s not like other shows with talented actors fared any better.

Edited by Faulkner

• Members

Well they do get use out of the permanent hospital set.  Everybody is always walking around the hallways or sitting on that bench.  

Please register in order to view this content

It was the one thing JFP did that I loved.  I thought the new main hospital set during

Riche’s last few years was ugly and boring.  Just a big square room.  The old hub may have been outdated, but it created visual interest by having people walk around it, filming people coming around the other side, etc.  JFP’s set brought back dynamic angles and filming possibilities.  Not that they use them very often, but it does look like a great set still.

I wonder about that too.  Not just the vets. Guza and his team did create/utilize many great characters over their time on the show, but outside of people like Patrick or Lulu, I can’t think of any new ones that are not directly in the Sonny orbit that they maintained focus on.  Even a character like Carly was wasted.

• Members

A Jason angry at Sonny plot would be something to spice up modern GH. Jason has been way boring and too passive since he returned. Furthermore, I don't know if breaking him up with Sam as a solution but that pairing just has absolutely no fire to it anymore.

There should have been at least some solid spicy interaction with Claudia to recapture the Carly 1.0 chemistry. 

Edited by ironlion

• Members

I watched the last classic on Hulu that interested me at all.  Basically any of them pre-Valentini.  So today it was the 2011 episode which was just after some kind of bus crash.

I think I realized something today.  Even when I was not really into the show, it still holds my interest more than the current show.  And I hated the JFP/Guza era of the show for the most part.  But watching this episode it occurred to me just how static and boring the staging is now, which has impacted the amount of drama they are capable of wringing out of any scenes.  The staging of the scenes and the shots by the directing team/producers makes a more interesting to watch product.  Scenes have different lighting, different types of shots, etc.  Even though there are several people in different hospital beds each scene had a different feel.  The way they shoot the show now makes it so stagnant.

Edited by titan1978

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I see that new episodes return next Monday. This was an overall epic fail on part of ABC. I'm surprised Y&R——the soap that barely mentions past characters and constantly deletes user attempts at posting classic clips——actually dug into their vault, as far back as 1973! B&B had far too many recent episodes, but they did decent as well. Well, GH is arguably the best soap on the air right now so they might as well air new episodes if they won't air classics.

I wish DAYS would have let new episodes air 3 days a week, and classics for the remaining two days to not exhaust their stockpile. 

Edited by ironlion