GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

I wasn’t sure about the new batch listed, so I hedged my bets hoping she was in one of them.

A best of Laura week would be awesome!  Especially because Frank and ABC has to eat so much crow to bring her back.

Off the top of my head-

Her wedding to Scotty, Wyndham’s dance with Luke, her finding their house when they returned to PC, the arrival of Nikolas, and Lucky’s death.

But 5 non-wedding, non-rape classic episodes would be incredible.  Especially from the time before Luke.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah I can pass on ever seeing the wedding again.  Unless they wanted to do something different with it and show us the entire week of the wedding.

I would be much more interested in their first on the run story, The Left Handed Boy than anything from 1981.

I watched the 2003 episode.  So many pieces still in place, some good characters.  But it was also so full of Sonny Sonny Sonny.  I forgot how insufferable people like Emily and Carly can be when they are yelling at everyone else about Sonny/Jason.

Who is the tall dark haired cop named Brian?  I have completely blanked on him, and he was very attractive.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

If they show the actual 9/30/10 episode Brenda will appear with Jason, but it doesn't correlate with the description of the episode they released.   VM will appear on Thursdays episode this week dumping Sonny.  It's actually more S&B centric than a Jasam episode because IR leaves too.

I would love to see a best of Laura, Liz, Kevin, Lucy, or Monica.  Hell, I'd take the best of Jax or Ned lol.  It's not like they have endless vets on the show still.  Everyone should get a week.

Brian had a crush on Courtney.  He was killed by a dirty cop.  Capelli I think his name was that killed him.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I will say one thing for the 2003 episode-  I miss the variety of sets and characters and movement.  Nothing happened but people moved around so it added to the show feeling more exciting.  Also Faith was a fantastic antagonist for Sonny.

Jason starts in the holding cell, then ends up at the hospital.  Scotty does the reverse.  We see the hospital, inside and outside of Kelly’s, the Q mansion, Liz and Ric’s cabin, the pier, the police station, wherever that room Courtney was at, maybe Kelly’s?  The show before the shutdown used a lot of sets too, but it felt stagnant

compares to this.

Nice reminder of when all this hotness was on the show- Zander, Alcazar, Ric, and back then still Sonny, Jason, and Nikolas.

Edited by titan1978

• Members

My point with the wedding is that AFAIK ABC has never re-aired those episodes in their entirety (not counting SOAPnet - and ADTR was edited, right?), and here they are, having to show weeks and weeks of reruns, and they're not choosing to show the moment that made the show a huge pop culture phenomenon. Regardless of if fans have seen it enough times via YouTube or VHS recordings or whatever - here is a chance for ABC Daytime to re-air literally its biggest and most-watched episode, and they're...not doing that. That's just bizarre to me. It's like running an I Love Lucy marathon and omitting Vitameatavegamin.

Instead, here's an episode from five years ago that was watched by 2 million people. It's just weird.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

So she will appear in an episode I didn’t enjoy the first time around.  Bummer.

Thanks for the info about the cop!  He is really attractive and I have blocked so much of Courtney from my brain that I forgot him.

And yes @All My Shadows, it is strange to not show the wedding.  Even if people like us that really dissect the genre have seen it and are over it.  Luke and Laura were a phenomenon, and the wedding was an iconic culmination. Y&R has no problem showing Victor and Nikki’s first wedding all the time.  Plus they have actually pulled out episodes from all over the place.

GH is just disappointing.  I mean I watched an entire episode today that had Courtney in it!  Give me classics, I will watch them!

Edited by titan1978

• Members

You're absolutely right about this. Personally, I can do without seeing the wedding as I have watched it before - but considering GH is running repeats it would make sense that they reair the show's biggest moment which I have thought would be a good idea too, but would any of this matter? It's not like they're going to promote it. The only people tuning in are diehard fans, a few curious viewers and some soap fans who know which classics are airing and might have some interest in rewatching a particular episode. This is true for YR and BB also. 

Edited by GLATWT88

• Members

It's probably VM/MB's best episode of her return outside the wedding.  I dug her telling Sonny "she loves him, but doesn't like him anymore" lol. Same, Bren, same.  They actually were both pretty decent in it.

I would like to see L&L's wedding again.  I would love to see a lot of weddings:  Lucy/Alan's, Ned/Lois, Robin/Patrick, Liz/Lucky, Jax/Brenda's Miranda interrupted wedding, Jason/Brenda, Sean/Tiffany, Scott/Laura, Karen/Jagger, Frisco/Felicia, Holly/Robert, Anna/Robert  I could go on and on...

At least they'd make their diehard fans happy?  Outside of a few MB stans is anyone clamoring for any of these episodes lol?  I'd watch old school GH.  I will not watch episodes from the last 5-10 years.

• Members

On one hand, it’s nice that ABC remembers that GH existed before Frank. Now if only they’d remember that the show existed before Phelps and Guza. 

On the other hand, how long is it going to take for them realize that if you shove Sonny down our throats, we’re only gonna throw him back up?

• Members

Did anyone feel like today's episode was an odd choice for best of Jasam?  KeMo didn't even speak more than two lines..  Shouldn't they have shown the next episode where she gets to like talk? lol.  I liked how many characters were in the episode.  Only what 4 or 5 are still on GH?

• Members

I'd say 1998 was the last really good year, but it was decent until 2002.  Once Courtney and the drab 4 became center stage it was awful, but I think the early part of Brenda's return was very well done so I guess that's my line in the sand for GH quality.