GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

I know Brian Frons loved KeMo and she does have her fans, but she was such a flop.  Her initial story was awful.  She never had any chemistry with MB or IR and it was so awkwardly forced. I think the baby Lila story was her best one?  Or maybe the Summer of Sleaze when she was just being an awful human?  Idk I can't really reference a memorable story for her either.

The best of Jason and Courtney would just involve that dog they had, her stripper career, and her kung fu kicks.  Courtney is worse than Sam.  But agreed those around her were better. I would easily watch Jason explaining his marriage to Brenda to watch Courtney and her heart break slowly though.  Also, what happened to that poor dog lol?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If JFP had been willing to work with VM’s demands, then Sam would never have happened.

I liked her as Livvie.  She had more of a spark.  The only time I enjoyed Sam was the Summer of Sleeze.  She plays wounded bitch really well.  She has talent, she plays pain and longing well when the story calls for it.  The problem is all the rest of the time she just comes across as miserable.  And her clear desire to stay working with Billy Miller when Burton came back was a mistake because I saw fans who really turned on her.

• Members

True.  VM leaving did basically create Sam.  But I also think VM returning to GH upped her profile enough where she probably would have left regardless.  At some point.

KeMo does some things well.  She's just so bland.  And she was much better on PC.  Jasam/Liason fans can be ruthless.  I can understand her desire to work with Billy and just walk out of that fanbase mess.  She does always look miserable though.  

One of the problems with GH is they spent years trying to find a Brenda replacement and a person that could be in that Jax/Sonny triangle based solely on looks.   At least they took KeMo out of that.  Unlike the Hannahs, Angels, Reeses that we had to endure.  And then they just made Carly that person and it's the most lazy way out of all of it.  Let's make Carly the same as Brenda because, why not?  But I can at least understand why they took that way route I guess.

• Members

KeMo had way better chemistry with Miller.  Aren't they together in real life?  Or were?  Or is that some weird fan base claim?

I'll defend SBu here.  He's always Jason to me.  He has coasted like his buddy MB for a long time, but Miller never felt like Jason.  I did enjoy Jason's character development during the time, but I always knew it would be undone the minute Burton agreed to comeback.  Although I think Miller did a great job with a pretty impossible task it always felt like a temporary replacement.

• Members

Hmmm....Brenda. lol. But that said, yes, I find LW Carly more enjoyable when she is scheming and being against somebody. My problem is that at this point the only person who seems to get under her skin like no other IS Brenda. For all of its flaws, one thing Brenda's last return did was put VM back in character cuz the Brenda I know would have gave as good as she got during the Dante storyline against Carly. I guess the closest person on the current canvas would be Ava...but are they in a truce? And of course, Nelle is. But there is just something about women with as much of a long history around each other as Bren and Car. 

As for KeMo, she just plays vixen so much better than heroine. Her Livvie was one of my favorite character and I felt KeMo came to life when they tore her and Jason apart and Liason became a thing. She was love to hate and not just hate. She's very good at yes, you know what she is doing is wrong, but you understood WHY she was doing it. Even when she is doing it to one of your faves...which for me is Liz. 

• Members

I think Brenda is probably Carly's best foil because they do have so many men in common.  And it let's Carly be more of the bad girl to Brenda's mostly good girl.  Plus it brings out Carly's insecurities in way no other character ever has. Brenda and/or Robin are the only 2 characters that could probably "win" against Carly.  But the greater problem with Carly, Brenda aside, it that she is the Queen of Port Charles now and that should never have happened.  I would take her making up insane revenge plots against anyone at this point.  I don't think Nelle counts because we are supposed to actively root against her.  Carly has foils on the canvas (Liz, Sam, Alexis, Ava) but she basically made up with all of them at this point lol.  I'd root for Dante to come back just so Carly can plot to ruin his life again.

As far as KeMo goes maybe it's not her but the fact Sam is just a lame character.  Sam should be more of a vixen than she is especially considering her con woman backstory.

• Members

I'm super happy the real couples prior to Frank are getting some play and their fans, who are long past a payoff are at least getting this (expect for the dreadful CarSon).  

And I'll add to the 217th conversation about who is the best Carly...LW is my Carly.  She is fun and funny as hell.  Brings loads of energy and never phones it it.  Really good actress and a joy to watch.  She has no problem generating chem with the men she's paired with.  But she's not watchable now at all because Frank doesn't care about the character and the Benard pairing is a 500 pound chained rock no one needs.  

I didn't see Carly/Brenda prior to LW so I can't add too much but Megan Ward and LW had pretty great chemistry and the Kate used to put down Carly and her outfits was gold.  She really got under Carly's skin.  I loved them until someone got the bright idea that Kelly Sullivan s/b Kate 

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I mean there isn't a ton of Carly/Brenda before LW.  VM and TB's Carly had a lot of run ins  in 2002-2003 and played it well but VM and SJB didn't really work with each other much in the 90's.  They disliked one another but it was more because of Robin/Jason than anything.  There is probably only a handful of scenes between SJB and VM.  Come to think of it, I can't think of any scenes of SJB and Benard before he came back to the show in 1999.  He must have really wanting a Sonny/Carly pairing lol.

I loved Megan Ward!  I loved her Kate and her perfect hair.  It was a Sonny pairing I actually enjoyed.  I miss her and she did bother Carly endlessly so that was enjoyable.  I just feel like Carly goes after any woman of the moment in Sonny's life and it's fine, but we know said woman is not going to last, so what's the point?

Ugh Kelly Sullivan-the 33 year old contemporary to Sonny lol.  Fine Actress, but just all wrong for Kate.

• Members

I also loved Megan Ward’s version of Kate.  What a waste.  And then to bring her back as Kelly Sullivan?  Who was just awful in the part.  Although I do get some comical joy out of that fight she had with Carly in the lobby of the hotel.  She really did fly across that room!

• Members

Thank you! I knew I was forgetting somebody. The problem between Robin and Brenda is that Brenda was never afraid to let her claws out so it was fun to watch her with Carly. And she brings out all of Carly's insecurities, making Carly her own worst enemy. Which could up the stakes now because Carly is the Queen of Port Charles. The crown is heavy indeed if the REAL Queen showed up again.

I agree re: Sam as Vixen. I love when the writers acknowledged her past. There IMHO is there a lot that could be played there to give her story. If they want.