GH to air "classic" episodes

• Members

Yes, all the actors get paid, as would any music used in the episode.

This 1991 U/5 contract for "Days" provides a little insight, and proof that soaps take repeats into consideration in contracts even back in 1991:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by JAS0N47

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I hope it's not ones from last few years....

GH will air its last fresh, pre COVID-19 shutdown episode on Thursday, May 21. In its place, ABC will broadcast reruns of classic episodes of the soap, beginning with three weeks of Nurse’s Ball-themed outings (airing Monday, May 25 through Friday, June 12).

Edited by dragonflies

• Members

TVInsider listed the episodes for the first week and all the episodes are from either 2014 or 2015. I thought since it was 3 weeks worth of episodes, they were going to do one from each year there was a Nurses Ball. Looks like they'll probably just focus on the past 6 years and do multiple episodes each week. Week 1: 2014 and 2015, Week 2: 2016 and 2017, Week 3: 2018 and 2019. I'm speculating here but since they're starting off with 2014 and 2015, I'm wondering if they'd even consider going further back. 

They don't seem interested in going too far back...even the Friday episodes have all been recent. 

Edited by GLATWT88