Days of our lives renewed for season 56!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Reuters: Jimmy Fallon’s debut as the host of NBC’s “Tonight Show” drew 11.3 million viewers, network NBC said on Tuesday, making it the second most-watched episode of the late-night talk show in the past five years.

The first full week averaged 8.5 million viewers. It's been (steeply) downhill ever since. 

• Members

Now, now. Debut weeks and finale weeks are much different than the regular every day stuff.  Leno's finale had over 14 million. Fallon AND Colbert are just above 2 million nowadays, and have been that way for a number of years now. It's not just Fallon, it's all network late night shows. But whatevs, DAYS won't get his or Savannah Guthrie's or anyone else's paycheck, whether they deserve it or not. 

Our only hope is that they slow down their taping process and go back to filming 5 episodes per week versus 8. Then perhaps the actors might have a chance for a dry run every now and then instead of these one-and-done takes, whether it's good or not. 

• Members

Also 2MM daytime viewers are not necessary equal to 2MM viewers in other dayparts. The value comes to the types of ads the network is able to sell based on audience income, demo, etc. It's far more complex than simply pure numbers.

And that's why I encourage every soap viewer to stream rather than watch live, unless you're one of the infinitesimal Nielsen homes. The networks can measure and track those streams, while the over-the-air viewing is based on a random sample of Nielsen homes.

• Members

I liked seeing Freddie give fans some insight to what is going on, including some additional information about the show filming their 14,000 episode next year. As well as Ken wanting the show to make it to it's 60th anniversary. I appreciate Freddie's candor, enthusiasm and explanation of things. I don't know if it will make it but it would be cool if the show could make it to it's 60th anniversary. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

I doubt they'll make it. They'll have to tape all their scenes at Ken's house by then. The stories are still sucking after the time jump. Lets be serious here...Days shouldve been canceled years ago but NBC has never found anything to replace it with. The ratings have been in the toilet for years...worse than AMC, ATWT or OLTL had when they were canceled. GL was around the number Days had when it was canned.

• Members

I can understand that people don't like his comments regarding Days being renewed. However, I do think that the Days fans that are doing stuff like cursing at him on his account are very inappropriate. IMO, Days has the rudest/most out of line fans of at least three of the soaps. (Days, YR, B&B). I can't really speak to how GH fans are acting right now. Days fans often say really inappropriate things regarding actors (especially Days actors) and go beyond the pale when they insult them. And often make very hateful personal attacks against them. (Like making fun of their weight, alcohol struggle, attacking them after they lost a parent) I saw a Days fan the other day tweet F You to Ron Calvarti, (which he responded to) and I thought that was really out of bounds.

That's a reason why I don't really associate with people who are primary Days fans on Twitter. A lot of them have very raggedy, uncouth behavior. The Y&R fans in general don't act like that, outside of people who have done stuff like attack Beth Maitland.

Doug does seem a bit skeptical, maybe bitter because he's not getting much airtime on Y&R. But I think think that the Days fans attack on him is OTT and inappropriate.

Edited by xtr

• Members

Nope. Doug needs to only look at his deal. He is RECURRING. Just like everyone at DOOL right now. Its none of his business about who at Days goes back on contract,

Why doesnt he worry about his show and the fact that he is never on. 

• Members

There is one Days fans that directly tweeted at Doug calling him A-hole. That's very inappropriate IMHO. His comments were not bad enough to justify that. That same Days fans has said very hateful things about Victoria Konefal. And has made other hateful comments in general. I do understand that people don't like his comments about the renewal, but cursing at him isn't right. And IMO, the TV Source people aren't looking that good either here, especially since they cover/write about soaps.

Some Days fans just really disgust me with their attitudes/behavior towards the actors. Whether it's shaming someone for their weight, making fun of Tyler Christopher's addiction, or attacking Victoria Konefal, and now the way they are going at Doug directly. Days has some low class fans IMO.

They could have talked about him without directly tweeting at him like that. Or talked to him in a way where they weren't cursing at him. IMO, they look bad, regardless of his comments about the renewal. 

Edited by xtr