Days of our lives renewed for season 56!

• Members

Thank you!  I was thinking the Exact. Same. Thing., @John!  If you have an issue with DAYS' renewal, then do us all a favor and keep it to yourself!

Am I a fan of Ron Carlivati's?  Hell no!  But, I'm still congratulating everyone at DAYS, because maybe I'm wrong and this show WILL turn around one day if given the chance.  I'd LOVE to be wrong about that, lol!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Have they done worse than making fun of people's addiction, looks, weight, accusing people of having daddy issues, sending Ron/actors direct tweets where they are cursing them out? Because that's what some Days fans have done. A lot of their behavior is disgusting towards the actors. It's really gross and they should be embarrassed of the way that they act. But they continue to act like they don't have any class.

Edited by xtr

• Members

I'm not trying to play a game, regardless of whether or not other soaps fans are apart of this discussion. But I stand by opinion of some Days fans having raggedy, inappropriate behavior. The way they behave towards actors is gross. They are very out of line and I will speak on it whenever I see fit.

If they continue to attack people because of their weight I will speak on it. If they make fun of people's addiction like some of them did with Tyler Christopher, I will speak on it. If they trash young actors after they suffer a loss like they did with Victoria Konefal, I will speak on it. If they act towards another actor like they did Doug Davidson tonight, I will speak on it.

As fans we have differences of opinions, but IMO there is no place for certain things. Including hateful disgusting behavior towards other people. It's wrong and I'm going to call it out. 

Because they are the ones that I see acting like that right now. They are acting the worse out of any other fanbase I've seen. Including their behavior tonight. And I have seen their behavior get worse and worse. That's not negating any other fans that behave poorly with other soaps. 

People may get mad that I'm doing this, partly because Days may be your favorite soap, but IMO it's the truth. People shouldn't take offense to this unless you condone or are participating in this type of behavior.  If I saw other fans doing this from other soaps, I would call it as well. Like I did with the people that were attacking Beth Maitland on Y&R. It's not limited to Days, but I have seen Days fans do it more than anyone else. 

If someone doesn't like my posts about this/ignore or scroll on by. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

THIS

All soaps have stans who are nasty, vile, etc.

EVERY stanbase has vile creatures who give the rest a bad name.

Doug Davidson needs to sit down, though I could maybe understand his confusion about a show's renewal when you have no cast, I guess .... it was kinda hilarious to see him reply to CLB that way though. But he still needs to have a seat. I do think it was a bit much that certain Twitter personalities called it 'open season' on him. This harassment [!@#$%^&*] needs to stop whether we like what they said or not.

Edited by KMan101

I’m thrilled that DAYS is renewed! Well deserved. It’s an institution. Congrats to all. That being said, if they are coming back to work In Jan, they are still going to be 7/8 months ahead. Nothing has changed. They’ll go through this again next year when they are 10 months ahead. I’m glad they are renewed but disappointed that they are not changing their production schedule. Go on a TRUE hiatus and not a negotiation hiatus. 

• Members

Honestly, social media overall is a damn mess. I'm pretty sure Doug Davidson was bored and wanted to troll a bit, because there's no way at this point that he wouldn't know that he'd get messy soap fans in his twitter feed with that tweet.

• Members

I see absolutely nothing wrong with what Doug Davidson tweeted. As someone not on contract, he probably gets it more than most. Congrats for being renewed, guys, but none of you have any kind of job security, and your show is bleeding money. It's realism vs. idealism. Our genre is down to four shows, all of them are sad, depressing shadows of what they were even ten years ago, which were sad, depressing shadows of what they'd been in their prime. None of them will ever be satisfying for an extended period of time ever again, and the people at the networks don't give a sh!t.