Days of our lives renewed for season 56!

• Members

The actors at Days Im sure of what being off-contract means. They dont need lessons from an actor on another show. Even if he had good intentions, his response to CLB came across as bitter and let me educate you on something. Pass 

AGREED

If they are worried about cast defections then sign everyone to new contracts now  that begin April 1st 2020. Go back to production in April & give your actors a few months to do other gigs. That in the long run may lead your actors to staying if they are able to do other projects

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Considering he wasn't addressing DAYS actors, I doubt he was trying to teach them a lesson. He's been working in the same town in the same genre in the same industry as the DAYS cast for 40 years, so I'm sure he knows some of them more than you or I ever will.

A renewal is great, but once again, no one has a contract. That's a scary as fck precedent in a daytime where we have four dead soaps walking. A renewal is great, but what exactly does it mean when the entire cast is off-contract?

I also don't understand why any bitterness DD feels towards his show would be directed to the cast of another show.

Edited by All My Shadows

• Members

Supposedly this also occured a few years back when there was an 8 week break. Its just the first time it was made public by the press. 

Also Freddie on his podcast said the cast/Crew were told about the contracts ending back in july so they knew for 4 months

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Happy for the cast, crew, and the fans of the show.

Something else to think about with the actors- pilot season.  If they wait too long to renew those contracts and get them back to work they might book pilots.

Also-  so how much of their next season have they already filmed?  8 months is crazy!

• Members

The time jump was only a creative choice, but it would have been the perfect opportunity to bridge the gap between tape and air.  But from what I understand, this schedule is what keeps DOOL viable.  But as a daily soap, they need to be able to react to audience reaction to sustain really satisfying content.  At the very least, Meng, Alarr, and Carlivati need to pay much closer attention to the dailys.

And still no word on the actors' statuses...

• Members

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the only way everyone involved can make the ridiculous production schedule work even somewhat is to allow the writers to write with absolutely no "notes" from NBC or Sony.  Trying to gauge and tailor the storylines toward fans' reactions is futile on a show that tapes four years ahead.  Just let the writers write how and until they don't want to anymore or the show is cancelled.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I say Corday was smart to sue Sony, not because it was a really viable lawsuit (as we know, much of it has been dismissed) but because it got their attention, got them to the table and got discussions going about how international sales were going. I don't think it's any coincidence that the Deadline story mentioned discussions about Sony needing to adjust the business model around international sales.