GH: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

There are way too many worthless newbies with no real ties.  This team even invented ties  with Kim and Oscar and then killed him off.

I do have to add that all the comments about a public employee’s insurance covering all their medical expenses for an injury or illness not related to their job are wrong.  You can have insurance and still have major medical bills.  Especially public employees, depending on their location.

The real issue is didn’t Drew hit her?  I know it was an accident, but his insurance or better yet, a lawsuit against the Quartermaines should cover her bills.  For that matter, why aren’t they paying anyway?

• Members

I've been preaching this kind of thing for years. We need new blood but it always frustrates me when they cast characters who could very easily be other, legacy characters with actual ties. Not forced pets. It is indeed frustrating. It's why so many of us keep whining about Sarah Webber or Sarah Horton on DAYS (who they FINALLY cast, when they should have had Serena be Sarah ... but I digress ...).

Hayden could have still been a retcon but not as an "instead of Sarah lets make Hayden Liz's sister!" type of thing as it seems to be.

Why are we stuck with random hot cop every few years when Lucky should be on the show? Frank recasts his pets but not Dante (what was the story with Dominic leaving? Did Frank lowball him and drive him off? They showed no interest in writing for him, personally ... once the Valerie/Lulu/Dante thing was a dud on arrival, they lost any interest in Lulu and Dante)

• Members

No, they also need characters that don't suck. 90% of these characters suck, John. We all know you liked Oscar, the worst teen this show has ever featured, but it's the truth. And the bills story is stupid and racist and should not exist.

Edited by Vee

• Members

They had no interest in Dante ever since Ron and Frank took over. Dominic finally quit out of boredom and exhaustion. A total waste.

Chase has no reason to be here either, cute or not. But I also can't necessarily fault them for not recasting Lucky again. Once you somehow get Jonathan Jackson back (and then, amazingly, lose him again, thanks to Guza/Frons) I think that's it. He is Lucky and he destroyed the recasts. It would take someone incredibly good for me to even begin to accept it now. I think Lucky should have more of a recurring presence, but Jonathan won't do that.

He was the worst young actor this show has featured, ever. It doesn't matter who he was related to by blood.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Anna needs to be saved. Drop Finn. Keep her & Robert Exes & bring David Hayward in from AMC. Finola & Vincent were great together. 

If I were Dom I wouldnt come back, given his crappy return & lame ass exit

• Members

Preach

I agree on David and Anna. And definitely agree on dropping Finn. Meh. Not my most hated of Frank's pets and not at the top to dump, but he's on the list ... (and besides the obvious: Frank wanted his pets on the show, it's so dumb they create Finn, obviously FOR Easton, instead of bringing back Steven Lars or Tom, both of whom could have had the same/similar story)

I also agree on Dominic. I guess they could still recast down the road.

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Lousy Garren Stitt's  Oscar needs to stop appearing. His stupid grins seriously need to go.

When you look back at the 80s, TPTB wisely brought in fresh blood with connections to the major families. Case in point...

1980   Tracy Quartermaine exits.....Alexandria Q arrives in 1981...dies..1982 Eric, Edward's illegitimate son starts being mentioned   Crane Tolliver Lila's first husband comes totown.... .1983 enter Celia Q and Eric (Jimmy Lee). 1984 ...Lorena Sharpe....etc..

The Quartermaines were still relatively new at the time, but they rotated in new characters with connections that viewers cared about. As Drew's story (along with Kim and Oscar) dwindles, another Q should be arriving on the scene to keep the mix flowing.

A cast purge is necessary. They had large casts in the 80s, but characters were mostly well written and the stories were balanced.  Tossing out Franko, Julian, Nina, Finn, Wallow, Shiloh.,Harmony, Kim, Drew, Oscar,Valentin, Spinelli and Peter and bringing back a few characters with rich history is only the start of what needs to be done. ValenVarni's  need to pinch pennies yet waste money on overpaid actors like Howarth and Easton is the tip of the reasons they need to go......

• Members

Totally agree about rotating characters with ties to the canvas & Baddies of that day would be killed or jailed, not reeeeemed like GH seems to want to do with Shiloh

Easton should have never returned after Mcbain. Same with Howarth & Alderson

Dante is needed now & there are actors that can play the part well. 

Edited by John