GH: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Members

they really screwed up Sonny and Brenda's legacy ever since Maurice left in 1997 and didn't come back till Vanessa left in 1998. I guess thats the bad thing about soaps the relationships can't continue unless both actors stay on. 

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Kim was pathetic today. Why do TPTB think we want to watch this? Let her go.

If Days is going to make us suffer through the return of annoying Patch, at least make it watchable by bringing Ava back. 

Don’t forget SORAS. The character could have been born much later than 2002 and rapidly aged.

• Members

I don't hate Budig like a lot of people but no, there is not room for both. We never needed Hayden in the first place. She should have just been Sarah from the start.

Vee is right however that Sarah is cursed. She's like Serena; the show has thousands of chances to go there but they haven't (no matter how many times fans try to fancast it into happening). I don't know if it's backstage politics, disinterest, or both but it's, imo, never going to happen. Hayden basically made Sarah redundant.

And no, Dev doesn't need to be Brenda's son nor does he need to be Sonny's son via Angel (really with this?).  History and legacy characters are great and yes, the show could use a few more but we don't need to make every random person connected to history. That's tired.

Or he's just Dev. 

Edited by AdelaideCate007

• Members

The above is all true. I think it could easily go the other way though. IMO Hayden is redundant because the show failed to make her rooted last time. The relationship with Liz is nonexistent, so what is her link? Finn - he's nothing. Sarah Horton on DAYS was a cursed role too until they finally cast Linsey Godfrey. I'd be open to casting Dr. Sarah with Gina Tognoni even if she reads slightly old for it. Then it's game on. At that point Hayden becomes even more superfluous.

As for Serena, sadly Carly Schroeder is now off the table as she's gone into the military. But it could be done, they just won't. The Sarah role is much more radioactive because of two very poorly received actors. Serena is just disinterest.

There is no need to make Dev related to anyone. But they will. And no, there is no chance in hell Brenda Barrett's son is a Turkish pickpocket. (I'd have no problem bringing Alec on, but not as that)

Edited by Vee