Jump to content
depboy

GH: June 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, BetterForgotten said:

I don't think she did it for the love of GH, if that makes sense. She put no effort into the acting, and left as soon as she could. I don't understand her reason for doing that stint other than collecting a paycheck for a limited stint. In retrospect, it's a really bizarre stint.

 

 

She's now an actress of a certain age - even in the Hallmark/Lifetime sphere, the opportunities are more and more limited for her.  

 

I get what you are saying.  She talked about integrity of the character and her love for GH, but it didn't show?  She is either not that smart or has a bad manager.  She isn't a young ingénue anymore.  She should have just stayed with GH appearing 2 or 3 times a week.  She will always be Sonny's main love interest so she could have milked that to the end of time.  Plus Jax she would have been fine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by carolineg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think if her last stint had been more successful she would have stayed.  And by successful I’m not necessarily talking ratings.

 

Her first return had story she liked and story projections she liked.  The audience responded to it better too.  She left because JFP and the network would not give her a reduced workload and early outs due to her kid being young and not wanting to be away from him that much.

 

Her second return she didn’t like the kid story, or the original storyline with Dante.  Plus she didn’t drive the ratings up the same that time.

 

I don’t care if these people come back because they need a check.  They are working actors and it is a job.  Beverlee McKinsey said she took the small part on GH after GL for her insurance.  I don’t feel she just wanted a check, I felt she didn’t like the story or where they wanted it to go.

 

And again- JFP let many, many men get away with perks and bad behavior and has a list of women she treated differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As an actor, it's your job to try to sell whatever material gets thrown at you regardless of personal feelings. VM just sleepwalked though that last stint and relied on some terrible acting tics to get her though it. The story was bad - but what was the excuse for VM's crackling and barely trying? I'm not even going to blame that on the rapid pace of daytime - she knew what she was getting herself into. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

As an actor, it's your job to try to sell whatever material gets thrown at you regardless of personal feelings. VM just sleepwalked though that last stint and relied on some terrible acting tics to get her though it. The story was bad - but what was the excuse for VM's crackling and barely trying? I'm not even going to blame that on the rapid pace of daytime - she knew what she was getting herself into. 

I think VM tried with MB the most.  And she got a lot better toward the end of her stint.  There were some very strange acting tics and at points I felt like she forgot how to play Brenda, which was odd since she was the only actress to play her ever.  To be fair though MB and SBu haven't tried in well over a decade so there's that.  Anyway, it was clear her heart wasn't in it and that's a shame for Brenda fans because we waited a long time for her to return.  Her weird 2013 return where she was randomly pretending to sleep with Michael she came off more like Brenda of the 90's, even if she was doing ridiculous things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, John said:

What did VM think of her 2013 Stint?

Well, she had a couple of meetings with Valentini around then and they couldn’t convince her to sign a contract or come on for a longer arc.

 

Knowing her, she did not want to just play the vixen side of Brenda only.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember hearing any quotes from VM regarding her 2013 return that let her feelings about the story known from that time.  I think if she signed a contract we would have been headed toward a Connie/Brenda/Sonny triangle.  Maybe she wasn't keen on that idea.  KSu's Kate was being pushed like crazy back then.  Maybe VM didn't want Brenda to be on the losing end of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Faulkner said:

 

tenor.gif

Hahahahahaha

 

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 12:13 AM, carolineg said:

Totally respect it but at least she gave us this:

tumblr_mktealMGFe1qmpdc5o1_400.gif

See the source image

10505286_10203251187298796_8996198193427082114_n.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:49 AM, carolineg said:

I think VM tried with MB the most.  And she got a lot better toward the end of her stint.  There were some very strange acting tics and at points I felt like she forgot how to play Brenda, which was odd since she was the only actress to play her ever.  To be fair though MB and SBu haven't tried in well over a decade so there's that.  Anyway, it was clear her heart wasn't in it and that's a shame for Brenda fans because we waited a long time for her to return.  Her weird 2013 return where she was randomly pretending to sleep with Michael she came off more like Brenda of the 90's, even if she was doing ridiculous things.

Thank you!!! I noticed in the thread that it seem everyone was talking about her 2010-11 stint and not really the 2013 return which bad writing aside, felt more like how Brenda is. I remember her 2010-11 stint and other than that lovely THAT WOMAN picture Cheap made that I still have was not like her. 90s Brenda would have slapped That Woman down by the time that wedding happened. 

 

2013? She was her at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taoboi said:

Hahahahahaha

 

10505286_10203251187298796_8996198193427082114_n.jpg

Thank you!!! I noticed in the thread that it seem everyone was talking about her 2010-11 stint and not really the 2013 return which bad writing aside, felt more like how Brenda is. I remember her 2010-11 stint and other than that lovely THAT WOMAN picture Cheap made that I still have was not like her. 90s Brenda would have slapped That Woman down by the time that wedding happened. 

 

2013? She was her at least. 

 

Yeah, although the writing was extremely bizarre in every way it did feel more like VM was actually playing Brenda.  I wish I could find the Jax and Brenda breakup scenes from that return.  Jax was savage to Brenda and IR was good.   Apparently they don't exist on you tube anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, carolineg said:

 

Yeah, although the writing was extremely bizarre in every way it did feel more like VM was actually playing Brenda.  I wish I could find the Jax and Brenda breakup scenes from that return.  Jax was savage to Brenda and IR was good.   Apparently they don't exist on you tube anymore.

 Maybe they will pop up again someday.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...