GH: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I get what you are saying.  She talked about integrity of the character and her love for GH, but it didn't show?  She is either not that smart or has a bad manager.  She isn't a young ingénue anymore.  She should have just stayed with GH appearing 2 or 3 times a week.  She will always be Sonny's main love interest so she could have milked that to the end of time.  Plus Jax she would have been fine.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

I think if her last stint had been more successful she would have stayed.  And by successful I’m not necessarily talking ratings.

Her first return had story she liked and story projections she liked.  The audience responded to it better too.  She left because JFP and the network would not give her a reduced workload and early outs due to her kid being young and not wanting to be away from him that much.

Her second return she didn’t like the kid story, or the original storyline with Dante.  Plus she didn’t drive the ratings up the same that time.

I don’t care if these people come back because they need a check.  They are working actors and it is a job.  Beverlee McKinsey said she took the small part on GH after GL for her insurance.  I don’t feel she just wanted a check, I felt she didn’t like the story or where they wanted it to go.

And again- JFP let many, many men get away with perks and bad behavior and has a list of women she treated differently.

• Members

As an actor, it's your job to try to sell whatever material gets thrown at you regardless of personal feelings. VM just sleepwalked though that last stint and relied on some terrible acting tics to get her though it. The story was bad - but what was the excuse for VM's crackling and barely trying? I'm not even going to blame that on the rapid pace of daytime - she knew what she was getting herself into. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

I think VM tried with MB the most.  And she got a lot better toward the end of her stint.  There were some very strange acting tics and at points I felt like she forgot how to play Brenda, which was odd since she was the only actress to play her ever.  To be fair though MB and SBu haven't tried in well over a decade so there's that.  Anyway, it was clear her heart wasn't in it and that's a shame for Brenda fans because we waited a long time for her to return.  Her weird 2013 return where she was randomly pretending to sleep with Michael she came off more like Brenda of the 90's, even if she was doing ridiculous things.

• Members

I don't remember hearing any quotes from VM regarding her 2013 return that let her feelings about the story known from that time.  I think if she signed a contract we would have been headed toward a Connie/Brenda/Sonny triangle.  Maybe she wasn't keen on that idea.  KSu's Kate was being pushed like crazy back then.  Maybe VM didn't want Brenda to be on the losing end of that.

• Members

Hahahahahaha

Thank you!!! I noticed in the thread that it seem everyone was talking about her 2010-11 stint and not really the 2013 return which bad writing aside, felt more like how Brenda is. I remember her 2010-11 stint and other than that lovely THAT WOMAN picture Cheap made that I still have was not like her. 90s Brenda would have slapped That Woman down by the time that wedding happened. 

2013? She was her at least. 

• Members

Yeah, although the writing was extremely bizarre in every way it did feel more like VM was actually playing Brenda.  I wish I could find the Jax and Brenda breakup scenes from that return.  Jax was savage to Brenda and IR was good.   Apparently they don't exist on you tube anymore.