GH: June 2019 Discussion Thread

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Clearly I am a fan of VM but that cackle deserves all the mockery.  Was it an acting choice?  The way she laughs in real life?  I will never know, but it was super jarring and annoying.  I choose to think she was cackling because she was laughing instead of crying everytime she had to play out one of Guza's scripts.

• Members

I was thinking it was her own personal acting choice?  I mean, listen, it's awful and I have seen VM in pretty much everything she has done and she never wildly cackled on 90210 or Las Vegas or in her first 15 plus years playing Brenda.  But then she also adopted a form of whispering her dialogue as well so when she and Sonny were in scenes sometimes they were just inaudibly  mumbling at each other.  I just give her a pass thinking she couldn't handle the new faster pace of daytime.  She was never Meryl Streep.  She was just a really beautiful, charismatic, likable screen presence that had a ton of chemistry with her co-stars.

• Members

But don't you think she would have stayed longer if she  needed cash?  Her return was an overall bust but she got some ratings.  S&B's wedding was pretty highly viewed.  I doubt she was fired.  She doesn't strike me as an MB or SBU type. It's not like she works a lot.  A lifetime/hallmark movie a year.  She definitely could have coasted on GH like KeMo for the rest of GH.

• Members

I don't think she did it for the love of GH, if that makes sense. She put no effort into the acting, and left as soon as she could. I don't understand her reason for doing that stint other than collecting a paycheck for a limited stint. In retrospect, it's a really bizarre stint.

She's now an actress of a certain age - even in the Hallmark/Lifetime sphere, the opportunities are more and more limited for her.