Jump to content
depboy

GH: June 2019 Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, carolineg said:

Did Crystal Carson leave on her own or was she fired?  I really liked Julia/Ned/AJ.  I just got the feeling they didn't know what to do with the character.  They were invested enough to give her a sister, but then nothing.  Julia was really someone I felt needed to be on the canvas in the 90's, if for nothing more than to tell Brenda what bad decisions she was making.  I wonder if CC just didn't want to come back full time because even when she did recur in the late 90's I felt they wanted to tell more of her story (implying she and Jerry were a couple offscreen, her being intrigued with Luke, her affection for Jax, her relationship with Ned).  Maybe they just scrapped it when VM decided to leave.

Claire Labine wrote her out. Along with Paul & Jenny. Around late 1993. Julia was the type of character Claire would've done a great job with. 

Edited by victoria foxton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Paul and Jenny hung in until early '94, IIRC. Jenny made an appearance or two after that, specifically when she gave birth to Paul Jr.(?)

 

Claire kept Sly around as part of L&L's blended family for several years, then he vanished and I think went to live with Paul and Jenny. I always wanted to bring him back in the early 2000s as part of the youth scene, as Helena's vengeful 'mole' in the Spencer family, angry and resentful that he was left behind, then getting in over his head and regretting it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Claire Labine wrote her out. Along with Paul & Jenny. Around late 1993. Julia was the type of character Claire would've done a great job with. 

Yeah it's a shame she wrote Julia out.  Paul and Jenny I can understand, although Paul should have been brought back way earlier when they brought back an aged up Dillon.   I think Julia just got lumped in with all the bad things GM did during her return.   I always assumed CC left on her own because her exit was fairly abrupt.

2 minutes ago, Vee said:

Paul and Jenny hung in until early '94, IIRC. Jenny made an appearance or two after that, specifically when she gave birth to Paul Jr.(?)

 

Claire kept Sly around as part of L&L's blended family for several years, then he vanished and I think went to live with Paul and Jenny. I always wanted to bring him back in the early 2000s as part of the youth scene, as Helena's vengeful 'mole' in the Spencer family, angry and resentful that he was left behind, then getting in over his head and regretting it.

  I remember Jenny giving birth and Ned and Lois being involved.  I guess they were always in Port Charles just not onscreen.  I liked Sly and Lucky's friendship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CC, CR, PS & KS were all announced as leaving in the same SOD. The only one that quit was Kin. The other 3 were fired

 

I remember someone asked Guza about Julia coming back and he said if he did, they would recast as he didnt like how Crystal played the part

51 minutes ago, carolineg said:

Yeah it's a shame she wrote Julia out.  Paul and Jenny I can understand, although Paul should have been brought back way earlier when they brought back an aged up Dillon.   I think Julia just got lumped in with all the bad things GM did during her return.   I always assumed CC left on her own because her exit was fairly abrupt.

  I remember Jenny giving birth and Ned and Lois being involved.  I guess they were always in Port Charles just not onscreen.  I liked Sly and Lucky's friendship.

Yeah Lucky said Sly stopped talking to him after they faked Laura & Lesley's death in December 1996

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John said:

CC, CR, PS & KS were all announced as leaving in the same SOD. The only one that quit was Kin. The other 3 were fired

 

I remember someone asked Guza about Julia coming back and he said if he did, they would recast as he didnt like how Crystal played the part

Yeah Lucky said Sly stopped talking to him after they faked Laura & Lesley's death in December 1996

 

Hmm...
Guza not liking CC explains a lot  Because I feel like Guza would have wanted MORE ways to talk about Brenda. What didn't he like about her?  I would be interested to know.  The only quip I have with CC is she looks nothing like VM.  Even if they had different mothers..just no way, but that's not CC's fault.

 

I mean, the whole faking of Laura's death was kinda of a dick move to Nik, so I agree with Sly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oscar, Cam & Joss were talking Eckerts bakery months ago. Maybe Sly runs it. Recast him iif Glenn Walker Harris is no longer acting and or interested

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 7:53 PM, John said:

Oscar, Cam & Joss were talking Eckerts bakery months ago. Maybe Sly runs it. Recast him iif Glenn Walker Harris is no longer acting and or interested

 

Always thought Spinelli/Bradford should have been Sly. 

 

Meanwhile, the Staff Infection has been removed from GH and just seeing Watros turn the hospital corner (and immediately put opposite Donnell Turner) is already an improvement by about 1000% ... God, two seconds in and it's already SO MUCH BETTER. Nina is still a pointless character but I'm so happy to have Watros instead of Stafford.

Edited by KMan101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

Always thought Spinelli/Bradford should have been Sly. 

 

Meanwhile, the Staff Infection has been removed from GH and just seeing Watros turn the hospital corner (and immediately put opposite Donnell Turner) is already an improvement by about 1000% ... God, two seconds in and it's already SO MUCH BETTER. Nina is still a pointless character but I'm so happy to have Watros instead of Stafford.

Right??? I only know Watros from primetime so I’m not as psyched as some of you, but she is a major upgrade over the Staff Infection. Nina scenes will finally be TOLERABLE and possibly even enjoyable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Marlenaphan said:

Curtis turning down offers from his rich friends to pay off Jordan’s bills is just stupid.

Pride can make one look stupid

Edited by John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Marlenaphan said:

Curtis turning down offers from his rich friends to pay off Jordan’s bills is just stupid.

 

Why doesn't the police commissioner have full coverage health insurance?  We won't even discuss her getting wounded while on the job because that's not even relevant!  

 

This is highly offensive!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess soaps are done with voiceovers when a new or returning actor takes over a role?  Watros didn’t get one for Nina today, and neither did the Staff infection at Y&R.

Edited by BetterForgotten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...