• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

at the edit "this show is so cheap"

WORD

I think it's a visit, but maybe she'll recur? Feels like a wrap up but I have no spoilers on her return so IDK

Bryan Dattilo is also back in May

I assume it's just a visit for the Will drama and then the next month for Caroline's passing but IDK. I'm fairly sure he's not still actively taping, but I haven't followed that aspect much lately as my interest in DAYS is waning thin

Edited by KMan101

• Members

Man...I felt they really missed the boat on Valerie. Vanessa Williams had great chemistry, could actually act, and felt so natural as a fit on the show. I never understood why they never really gave her a chance. I always wanted to see more of her.

• Members

But if you look at her airtime he hasn't fallen for her either. Even with Elani you can't call it anything other than outright racism IMO. That couple has a fanbase and they get NO screentime or development. Both actors are likely cheap, as are Sheila and Valerie I'm sure, but they don't want to use the black characters as anything more the D tier recurring characters. IMO the writing is so glaring on DAYS for black characters that its obvious they're racist. Even the way they're writing the Asian characters now. They just don't understand how to use minorities and don't care to learn.

• Members

It isn't. I don't mind them as friends (she should have been his sister). I don't even really care about the age difference. They just have no spark. Vanessa and James complimented each other well. James looks slightly checked out with TBoz, personally ... it gives me vibes of Bonnie and Mickey (but that was FAR worse and a lot more trashy)

Edited by KMan101

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

You. Nailed. It. 

Of course it is racism, and it is disgusting.  Williams is a fine actress capable of delivering complex and intricate performances.  This show is afraid of going that deep with a person of color.  

I've accepted the fact that it deserves to be cancelled next year, and it will be.