Developing: 90210 Reboot with Original Cast!

Chris B

• Members

They are too old to let their old feuds affect the show. Valerie was such a huge part of the original I’d want to see her in some capacity and Brenda is a MUST. And when I say must I mean she needs to be full time. If you expect me to stare at Tori Spelling and god knows if she can still act, the star better be there. 

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Lmao!!! I agree but I did love Donna in those early years! She was a fun comedic side character. She only suffered when they made her into the heroine all the guys fell over. Although I will say I had a soft spot for Tori. She did some good comedies after leaving the show and her Lifetime movies are iconic. But he now? I just can’t imagine. 

• Members

Am I the only one who doesn't see this as a new concept? Aren't we in the midst of shows being "rebooted" simply as revivals/continuations/sequels catching up with the characters we already know and love? It actually doesn't surprise me at all that 90210 would come back in this form. I guess I'm just surprised that so many of the cast has signed on for it, including JP (with whom I am still madly in love).

My heart LIVES for the possibility of seeing 70ish Cindy Walsh just as dorky and as bland as ever!

• Members

I can't recall if Kathleen Robertson has spoken on the show in the last 20 years, lol. I loved Claire at first but they did her wrong in Season 7.

(Another sidenote: Emma Caulfield/Susan Keats deserved a longer run. I can't recall if it's true that the show wanted her to stay; I suspect that's just a pipe dream. I was so thrilled when she turned up on Buffy)

Reposting these great staff interviews: A two-parter with EP Charles Rosin (part 1 and part 2) and another with producer/writer Larry Mollin.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Well, Emma was apparently miserable on the show and the female cast members pretty much frooze her out.

By the way, it doesn't look like this is a proper "reboot" as such, but possibly them playing fictionalized versions of themselves.

• Members

Both Emma Caulfield (Susan) and Jason Wiles (Colin) were promoted to "Also Starring" status in the middle of season 6 (Wiles two episodes before Emma, if I remember correctly) so I think both were supposed to become regulars at a later point. In season 5, both Jamie Walters and Kathleen Robertson were credited as "Also Starring" before becoming regulars in season 6.

They completely destroyed Susan's and Colin's characters only two or three episodes before the season 6 finale so them being written out probably was a rather quick decision.

• Members

UHM WHAT????

https://www.etonline.com/beverly-hills-90210-reboot-in-the-works-with-the-og-cast-and-a-surprising-twist-116248

There are some new developments regarding the long-rumored reboot of the beloved teen melodrama Beverly Hills, 90210, and it might throw some fans for a loop.

ET has learned CBS Television Studios is developing an "untraditional reboot," that will include some of the original Beverly Hills, 90210 cast. However -- and here's the nontraditional part -- the actors "are not reprising their original characters."

A source familiar with the production tells ET that crew members spotted with the cast yesterday are former writers from 2008's 90210 reboot. It's unclear at this time what exactly that means, and the development raises several questions:

-Will the returning stars play the parents of their former characters? 

• Members

Ummm......

Wow.

It does sound interesting, I'm not gonna lie, but...

Listen, bitches: It's 18/19 years later. The Gang has gone through a lot but still have friendships/relationships with each other. They have kids and a few more new teenagers are a major part of the show. We play catch up with some major things that happened during the 18 years off, plus a bunch of new developments.

We simply pick up their lives almost two decades later. Get introduced to a new crop of teens. It's not that difficult. Jesus Christ.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

Yeah, the 'spoofing/playing themselves' concept news has already been around for a year. That's not what the recent story alleged, though, so it remains to be seen if that original idea is still in the mix, or if the above ET link is merely regurgitating the original news from months ago for clickbait. (Daily Mail definitely just repurposes old stories and is extremely unreliable)

Personally, I hope not; it won't work.

As for Jason Wiles, Colin was never intended to be longterm according to the above interviews. They began dirtying him up pretty fast with drugs. Susan, I have no idea.

Edited by Vee