Developing: 90210 Reboot with Original Cast!

Chris B

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But that reboot was supposed to be focused on the younger cast. A reboot centered around the older cast with writers who understand the series could've worked and I think would've been a big hit. Personally, I didn't love this but it wasn't completely horrible. I'll keep watching, but I hate the fact that they're playing themselves. 

• Members

I looooooooved So Notorious but I feel that was allowed to be funnier since she was playing a character inspired by herself but not Tori Spelling. With this the levels of dramatic stakes are limited since they’re playing themselves. 

• Members

It would be fun to have an actual legitimate 90210 reboot, but I like this strange new concept of a scripted faux reality of the actors. Not to quote a James Harmon Brown / Barbara Esensten pitch, but it's a "Never Been Done Before!" concept and I enjoyed it for what it is. I wasn't expecting a reboot so I wasn't disappointed by what I was getting into. 

And YES, a true reboot of Melrose Place would be awesome. I wish they had done that 7 years ago when the original cast got together for their Entertainment Weekly cover. The cast (at the time) had all aged liked fine wine. Poor Heather... I'm rootin' for ya, girl...

Yeah, but "Roseanne".... 

Everyone's hoping all these reboots and revivals will get the same kinda reaction. 

• Members

I believe it was in the Jenny McCarthy interview that Tori mentioned that she first suggested doing a proper reboot to Jennie on the phone and she said "[!@#$%^&*] no" and hung up - apparently she was not amused at the thought of playing another Kell-Me The Victim storyline

Please register in order to view this content

I enjoyed it. But I enjoyed So noTORIous and Grosse Pointe too, so...

I suspect Shannen's so-called animal sanctuary project will turn out to be a huge scam and all the money goes directly to her.

• Administrator

I loved it!!  I thought it was very funny, had some heart, and soapy. My favourite character so far is "Jennie" because I thought she was the funniest/bitchy-est.  I really like the concept too - them playing characters that have their names and some of their real life history, and now they're coming together to try and create a "reboot".  

• Members

Agreed. 

And Jennie Garth is definitely one I wish had had a second huge hit. Yeah, she's done other things post-90210 but I'd love to see her as the lead in a mainstream sitcom, drama, etc.

Also, Gabrielle would be perfect as a "cool grandma" or later-in-life cougar, if she were to pursue those types of roles.