Developing: 90210 Reboot with Original Cast!

Chris B

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Not that it'll happen either way, but if this was a proper revival I wouldn't keep the CW 90210 in continuity. So there'd be no Kelly having had a kid with Dylan (who was a deadbeat dad) or working at West Beverly. Would she or Brenda* have had a child with Dylan - maybe, but he wouldn't have abandoned the kid.

* - it's worth pointing out that for years when Dylan was off the original show they made a point of saying he was back with Brenda. They only went back to Kelly and Dylan when he returned and Brandon was out of the picture. But I have no real dog in that fight.

I don't think the audience really cares about Janet so I'd probably have Steve either divorced or keep Lindsay Price off-contract.

And yes, having Val back for at least a stint would be a must at some point, even though Jennie has turned her mean girl shít on her these days and Tiffani is busy so who knows if she'd ever agree.

Edited by Vee

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Will I watch? Of course. At least the pilot. I just think it's hilarious how this is one of the only shows most people seem to be OK having a 'reboot'/continuation (and with it being an open-ended soap opera could very easily be done) and they won't do it. Sad, especially since the wonderful chemistry they used to have seems to still be there and Dylan's death (drug relapse?) would make the perfect opening moment story. 

• Members

They can't possibly be unaware we want this. All articles on the reboot are, at the very least, slightly sarcastic about the whole thing. Maybe there wasn't interest in a straight continuation (which I doubt). I would be SO there if they picked up the story and kept going.