What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Kindred. The series is loosely based on Octavia Butler's "Kindred." 1979 novel. Which i read when i was 19. The book is better. For example, in the novel Kevin and Dana were married. In the series they just met that night. After a very slow start it gets really good. The nosy neighbor lady was hoot. Mallori Johnson and Micah Stock have great chemistry. The abuse some of the characters are subjected to can be disturbing to watch. But in the novel, it's a lot worse. I loved that they made Dana an aspiring soap writer. She's even watching Dynasty on her laptop. When the series starts. It was great to see Gayle Rankin from my beloved GLOW in this. Playing a totally different character.

Please register in order to view this content

Watched Tell Me Everything on a bootleg site last night. It's really good teen comedy/drama from the UK. Crams a lot in only six episodes. Everything feels organic and character driven. If only the Gossip Girl reboot was this good. But everything on GG is awkwardly manufactured tripe. The soundtrack is also awesome. I'm currently trying to find the songs.

Please register in order to view this content