What Are You Watching/Binging/Streaming Now?

applcin

• Replies 648
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I just finished watching a PBS Masterpiece miniseries called Ridley Road.
Initially I got a kick out of the fact that the main protagonist bore a slight resemblance to Ileana Douglas but I quickly got caught up in the actual story. I had never read the novel so I didn’t really know what to expect, but the story had a satisfying conclusion.

• Members

OMG! Yes...I at least liked that CW tends to leave whole season up on their app before a new season starts so I binged in a few days. Such a great series. And the music usually be on point as well. Her fight for the box. Her second fight with the villain (who looked fierce in her gown) are standouts. But I love her whole arc and dynamic. And yeah...that love triangle is pretty good, too.

I haven't started Season 2 yet, but looking forward to it. Co-worker says music is still on point. 

• Members

Im totally into Spanish Shows on Netflix lately.

Rebelde (the sequel to the 2004-2006 Show „Rebelde“ that made it to 440 episodes)! I loved the modern spin on a classic without ruining it. Nostalgic vibes and nods. Great Cast. Can‘t wait for Season 2!

Sky Rojo Season 1+2 !!! I really loved season 1 and felt entertained and really intrigued by the simple story and the psychological point of view. The sense of humor was great too. Season 2 on the other hand took a way darker tone. Way too dark for my taste. The writing was top notch though. It seemed to me like the male characters got more depth and focus compared to season 1. But the overall arc was good. But only minus point for me was that Gina’s character got kinda blindsided in season 2.

And it has Lali Esposito in it. I love her since the old Casi Angeles Days and even went to a concert in Barcelona 

still looking forward to season 3 that should be released this year.

• Members

Kung Fu is one of my favorites!   I've always enjoyed watching Tzi Ma, and I love the family dynamics and evolution. Ryan's new boo...

Please register in order to view this content

Just an overall great show.   And Nicky, I love the fight scenes. Olivia Liang is an actress on the rise.

• Members

Downton Abbey.  What an extraordinary series.  I watched the movie a last weekend and loved it.  It prompted me to watch the series and I'm hooked.  On S4.  Mary is insufferable enough without losing her husband.  I feel bad for myself because this horrid character will be even more unbearable.  Ugh.  Hate her!  Maggie Smith is just glorious.  She should be a meme queen.  Hugh Bonneville was perfectly cast as Lord Grantham.  Never have I seen him in anything but now I have to go look for some of his work.  

The cast is incredible and it was great while watching the movie seeing so many actors I've watched on PBS over the years.  

• Members

He’s great and very funny in the sitcom Twenty Twelve, which satirizes the people behind the 2012 London Olympics. Olivia Colman is also in it as his assistant. It’s streaming on Britbox. Haven’t seen it in years but it’s smart.