Y&R actress out

• Members

She likely knew her worth and it was unlikely that Y&R could put out a figure that matched what her agent might have suggested.  That was probably a sign to her that it was best that she move onward and hopefully upward.

Hence her mentioning the confluence of various factors.

On the one hand, daytime does (for the time being) offer some stability yet on the other hand, any actor that doesn't want to be typecast as a soap actor knows not to linger too long.  

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mishael seems smart and uninterested in burning bridges by saying anything that could cast her former employer in a negative light.  In her Instagram post, she cited multiple factors without going into detail, so I'm sure it is more complex than what many believe. 

In the end, though, I think she well do well in the wider arena. 

• Members

She is a great actress.

I'm sure she'll go on to bigger and better things. 

I only watch soaps every once in a while nowadays, but whenever I watch Y&R she jumps out to me. She could be a big star.

Would absolutely love to see her on Starz's Power... she would fit in perfectly there.

• Members

Agreed.

@Faulkner is spot on.  This is a huge loss to the show.  She's young, beautiful, charismatic and has been driving story for years.  Not to mention Hevon.  There is no other actress on the show of her caliber to fill the void after she leaves.

I most likely will leave with her.  

• Members

If someone like Rome Flynn (aka Zombie) can get a contract on How To Get Away with Murder, MM should have no problem. It's funny, I've become such a lapsed viewer lately, but like @GMac there's no one else who has that kind of star presence that would cause me to intentionally watch Y&R

• Members

she's not the best actress, so let's all get a grip. But she was beautiful and good enough for soaps acting-wise. I'm sure GH already has plans to poach her w/ no idea what to do with her - but we all know how they like to scoop Y&R actors. LOL

maybe, a Gia recast? Hmm.

• Members

If Rome Flynn can get a role opposite Viola Davis on HTGAWM, Morgan is definitely prime-time material, LOL. 

She's at least as good as Shemar Moore (if not better) and he is in prime-time. 

She doesn't need to resort to daytime soaps when she's still this young.  She should try her hand in other genres first.

• Members

it's sexist, but it's not the same for women. Especially a woman of colour. I mean look at the trash Kim Matula's managed to snag since she left daytime, and she's a far better actor than Rome. LOL But Rome is dead sexy, and he has famous friends (which I think helped him a lot...), which I think a lot of it is about the people you know, too.

• Members

Yes, I am keenly aware of this (definitely) but I am also aware that with the likes of Shonda Rhimes, Oprah's OWN network (Queen Sugar), Ava Duvernay, Issa Rae, Mara Brock Akil w/husband Salim Akil (Being Mary Jane), Kenya Barris (Blackish), there are more Black showrunners than ever out there. 

Add to that actresses like Viola Davis and Kerry Washington that have their own production companies (Viola's Juvee is becoming pretty successful).

This isn't even mentioning the burgeoning indie film scene that has cropped up on Netflix over the past several years--for someone with her looks, charisma and yes, talent, the challenges are many but there are more opportunities than ever.

Even though I used to love the soap genre and even briefly entertained the notion of writing one in grad school but I hope Mishael doesn't limit herself to soaps.  

Archived