8 minutes ago, dragonflies said:

Sounds like it was her choice to leave on her own accord 

She likely knew her worth and it was unlikely that Y&R could put out a figure that matched what her agent might have suggested.  That was probably a sign to her that it was best that she move onward and hopefully upward.

Hence her mentioning the confluence of various factors.

On the one hand, daytime does (for the time being) offer some stability yet on the other hand, any actor that doesn't want to be typecast as a soap actor knows not to linger too long.  

31 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

Her choice or not still sucks.

Yes, I agree. The show is going to be in a somewhat difficult spot. Not only was her character connected to a lot of other characters but she added a lot of interest to the canvas, not an easy task because the writing is not that great.

1 hour ago, Chris B said:

I don’t think it was as simple as it being her choice. I’m sure the pay and outs to pursue other things also factored into it. 

Mishael seems smart and uninterested in burning bridges by saying anything that could cast her former employer in a negative light.  In her Instagram post, she cited multiple factors without going into detail, so I'm sure it is more complex than what many believe. 

In the end, though, I think she well do well in the wider arena. 

She is a great actress.

I'm sure she'll go on to bigger and better things. 

I only watch soaps every once in a while nowadays, but whenever I watch Y&R she jumps out to me. She could be a big star.

Would absolutely love to see her on Starz's Power... she would fit in perfectly there.

Edited by juppiter

11 hours ago, ajsp35801 said:

I have no words, really. 

7 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

She will be missed.

Agreed.

@Faulkner is spot on.  This is a huge loss to the show.  She's young, beautiful, charismatic and has been driving story for years.  Not to mention Hevon.  There is no other actress on the show of her caliber to fill the void after she leaves.

I most likely will leave with her.  

If someone like Rome Flynn (aka Zombie) can get a contract on How To Get Away with Murder, MM should have no problem. It's funny, I've become such a lapsed viewer lately, but like @GMac there's no one else who has that kind of star presence that would cause me to intentionally watch Y&R

11 hours ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Mishael seems smart and uninterested in burning bridges by saying anything that could cast her former employer in a negative light.  In her Instagram post, she cited multiple factors without going into detail, so I'm sure it is more complex than what many believe. 

In the end, though, I think she well do well in the wider arena. 

This!  

she's not the best actress, so let's all get a grip. But she was beautiful and good enough for soaps acting-wise. I'm sure GH already has plans to poach her w/ no idea what to do with her - but we all know how they like to scoop Y&R actors. LOL

maybe, a Gia recast? Hmm.

If Rome Flynn can get a role opposite Viola Davis on HTGAWM, Morgan is definitely prime-time material, LOL. 

She's at least as good as Shemar Moore (if not better) and he is in prime-time. 

She doesn't need to resort to daytime soaps when she's still this young.  She should try her hand in other genres first.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

9 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

If Rome Flynn can get a role opposite Viola Davis on HTGAWM, Morgan is definitely prime-time material, LOL. 

She's at least as good as Shemar Moore (if not better) and he is in prime-time. 

She doesn't need to resort to daytime soaps when she's still this young.  She should try her hand in other genres first.

it's sexist, but it's not the same for women. Especially a woman of colour. I mean look at the trash Kim Matula's managed to snag since she left daytime, and she's a far better actor than Rome. LOL But Rome is dead sexy, and he has famous friends (which I think helped him a lot...), which I think a lot of it is about the people you know, too.

13 minutes ago, dio said:

it's sexist, but it's not the same for women. Especially a woman of colour. I mean look at the trash Kim Matula's managed to snag since she left daytime, and she's a far better actor than Rome. LOL But Rome is dead sexy, and he has famous friends (which I think helped him a lot...), which I think a lot of it is about the people you know, too.

Yes, I am keenly aware of this (definitely) but I am also aware that with the likes of Shonda Rhimes, Oprah's OWN network (Queen Sugar), Ava Duvernay, Issa Rae, Mara Brock Akil w/husband Salim Akil (Being Mary Jane), Kenya Barris (Blackish), there are more Black showrunners than ever out there. 

Add to that actresses like Viola Davis and Kerry Washington that have their own production companies (Viola's Juvee is becoming pretty successful).

This isn't even mentioning the burgeoning indie film scene that has cropped up on Netflix over the past several years--for someone with her looks, charisma and yes, talent, the challenges are many but there are more opportunities than ever.

Even though I used to love the soap genre and even briefly entertained the notion of writing one in grad school but I hope Mishael doesn't limit herself to soaps.