Y&R actress out

• Members

What points? Any black actor could be dropped in that role and nothing about the current character would change. A fact you know. You just don't find him sexually attractive so you're offering up a bunch of lame excuses of why you "can't take him seriously."

Have a seat Vee. You're doing too much. As usual.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True. And I tried to leave BJ behind, but here we are playing the 'who to put him with next' sweepstakes. I find that tacky.

Girl, I ain't Soapsuds. I'd take Bryton to bed any time. Thanks for playing though.

• Members

When I first saw this thread, I was very sure it was going to be about Gina Tognoni, however....

Goodbye Y&R, it was nice knowing you. Morgan has indeed been one of the best things about Y&R this past decade yet always thrown under the bus for LAME. What a disaster. I feel sorry for Bryton as well, he's always been criminally underused and abused. 

Guess Mal Young can go [!@#$%^&*] himself with new Kyle and Snowflake back in town. 

• Members

Unfortunately, that's the way things go down in Soapland, and that's the way they've been going down for quite the while, too.  No longer can we look at a given character as anything beyond a potential romantic partner for so-and-so.  Hillary will be off the canvas soon, which leaves Devon without a partner.  So, mystery girlfriend, sign in and enter, please!

Frankly, I blame Luke and Laura.

• Members

You are the one who brought him into it in the first place.  It's not tacky for you to say he should go, but it is tacky for us to look for ways he could be used? Eh.

There is only so much we can say when we don't have much info. We don't know what she wanted or what they offered.  At the same time, I take your point.  This board is rife with threads that go off the rails because active moderation is...limited these days.

• Members

That's fair. But I don't actually want BJ canned. What I do think is he is a considerably weaker performer than Morgan and she's carried him and taken him to a new level. And I don't see it happening twice. They're throwing away a good pairing and a great actress.

• Members

Let the poor woman spread her wings. Why does anyone even want her on a show where she’s underdeveloped and undervalued? She deserves better. I mean you all admit she hasn’t had one good story in 5 years. 

Archived