Y&R actress out

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think that Abby and Devon are leading characters, but they don't have to be. I think they have nice chemistry and I do believe they could work together. They are already friends and the show could grow the relationship. I could see her offering him support, after Hilary leaves(maybe dies) and things going from there.  Especially if her and Arturo don't make it. I think she might be his best chance for a decent pairing.There really isn't too many other people you could pair him with that are currently on canvas. They could also try someone new but they might struggle finding someone he clicks with. 

Also as far as recasting goes for Hilary, I think that might be something they do later on. If they don't do Devon/Abby, or they try him with new people and it doesn't work then I could see them recasting Hilary. I don't think they would recast her right away (though I could be wrong about that).

• Members

Y'all prolly know that I'm a HUGE Mishael stan.  This one hurts and will most likely be a deal breaker for me and Y&R.

Sony sucks.  How they can't see what a star they have in her is beyond me.  Fuckers.

• Members

Isn't it possible to do both?

Look, I'm not saying the lack of diversity in ALL facets of production isn't a major issue.  However, I'd rather there be NO non-Caucasian actors on this show than to have suffer through mediocre ones like BJ JUST so CBS, Sony and Y&R can feel good about themselves.  Has Y&R routinely given BJ (and MM, and KSJ, and Debbi Morgan and Darnell Williams, and so, so many others) subpar material to work with?  Perhaps.  Regardless, though, I feel like the writers are also hamstrung by the fact that BJ is an actor with limited range and an inability to come across on-screen as anything other than a teenager.

• Members

Worse, it sounds like a Ron Carlivati pairing, one of those that's completely off the stove, let alone the front-burner.  You hear they've hooked up; three months later, you hear they've married; three months after that, you hear they've divorced.

• Members

Amen to this entire post and especially to the bold.  I still can't understand WTF they are thinking by letting her go.  It will leave a HUGE gaping hole in this show when she's gone.  There's no one there to fill her void, not even close.

• Members

Exactly!

Everyone on this show has "limited range." The idea that BJ is "less talented" because of the systemic issues inherent in the genre is laughable.

Actors like Tamara Tunie & Tim Stickney couldn't make their characters work. Does that mean they possess "limited range" too?

Just admit you don't want to have sex with BJ and let it go.

• Members

Regardless of your feelings about him, he WAS there long before Mishael came. Why should he leave with her?! To think so is just, quite frankly, stupid and irrational! There, I said it. 

ETA: meanwhile, the white actors who also get crap stories or are mediocre are allowed to remain? Because their existence is a given while the POC are just their for diversity? 

I think the new Summer was designed to do that. She's a vixen now who they hope can fill the void. 

• Members

Again, Mishael Morgan gets stiffed by Sony and CBS and the conversation turns into...how Bryton James doesn't deserve to be on the show? How insanely obtuse! Just goes to show, people will use any avenue to push their agenda even if their going in the wrong direction for productivity. 

• Members

It's going to be like the gaping hole Dru left. Hillary's plight was sort of like Dru's, or at least it seemed that way with Devon finally coming around. I don't recall if others had issues with Dru after Neil came around.

I am thinking about the podcast with MM and BJ and to me it painted CK in a bad light, even IF MM and CK did become friends later. I am wondering if CK didn't like it...and if that meant DG and KSJ didn't like it. Will Lily, Cane and Neil be responsible for Hillary's exit?

Maybe I'm wrong. I just can't stand Lily and Cane and I admit that. Bryton said he's Godfather to Lily's child and one of DG's. I hate how DG remains on the show and I hated how it was reported that CK wanted VR gone. I am biased. I am.

• Members

Yeah, I don't get the reasoning at all. (*shrugs*)

I've yet to hear anyone explain to me how Y&R couldn't make Debbi Morgan work!  Anyone who can explain that to me, then the Bryton argument might have more merit. 

And don't try to tell me that Debbi friggin' Morgan was mediocre either!

Neither Chadwick Boseman nor Michael B. Jordan looked like Denzel when they were on AMC.  I can't judge the full capabilities of actors when the writing has been dishwater dull.

MM is talented and charismatic and was somehow able to rise above the the craptastic stories that she often had but one thing I can say was that writers did write different scenarios for her.  Her character was no the same vindicative hustler that she was when she first came on the canvas.  Yes, Hilary elevated and regressed, which was frustrating to watch but at least her character never stagnated the way that Devon and to a certain extent, Neil's character.

I do think that  it's going to end up being a micro version of the VR/KSJ situation except MM leaves having a lot of prospects in her future and Y&R in a weaker position ratings-wise than it was when VR left.

Archived