B&B Recasting Major Role

John

• Members
8 hours ago, DeeeDee said:

What's next? JPL as nuThomas & Farah Fath as nuBridget 

Please register in order to view this content

Even Brad Bell has better taste than that.

7 hours ago, Melroser said:

So Winsor gets tossed aside just so Bradley can get the 15 mins of buzz again by "stealing" Ingo from GH? Just like he got a lot of temp buzz from having Kimberlin Brown back. It's too bad that people only talk about this show because of casting and not actually because of what is ON the show these days. Bradley is trying to get people talking at the water cooler while not offering any water in it. 

I'm not sure it's anything all that new - the show has had so much stunt casting (much worse than this in some cases, like when slimy Mario Lopez was cast) for about 15 years now.

6 hours ago, Wendy said:

Well, he does have a family to support, so I guess you go where the money is!

Vicki Lawrence used to say that Hawaii is a beautiful place to visit and a very hard place to live in. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

WH has stated that he was fine with being on recurring, and appearing for a few episodes here and there. It seems Bradley got it in his head to do a 2,5 week story with Thorne, and if WH wouldn't commit the time, I suppose Brad had to follow his heart. lol

At least they stuck with the hunky blondish look, although it would have been great to see Brooke/WH again, if this is where it's going. 

• Members
10 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

When the heck was the last time that Thorne even appeared? Last year during the Eric/Quinn wedding boycott? 

Never understood on why Bell stopped writing for Thorne at all and let the character and Harmon go to waste. 

I don't get it either. Harmon has always been well-received and enjoyed by viewers for years. His most successful pairing was with the show's leading lady, KKL, plus his pairing with Darla was a strong "B-couple" at the time. Somewhere along the way, they decided to permanently treat him the way Eric & Stephanie always treated him: second fiddle to Ridge. From lackluster pairings with Donna to off-screen romances with Taylor, to his two-day mourning period for daughter Aly. 

It's never made sense how they backburnered him. The actor wanted to work; he was available. And he wasn't cornered into a blissful marriage like Kristen (with Tony) or saddled with Antonio Sabato Jr.'s kid like Felicia.  I could see B&B eventually recasting Kristen if they wanted to flesh out the role again, as Tracy Melchior is pretty bland (she reminds me of Nicole Forester, the poor man's Cassie Layne on GL), but you had solid performers with Winsor Harmon and Lesli Kay as Felicia. Besides, isn't it wise to keep familiar faces in the roles of Forresters when you've already turned Ridge from a tall, chiseled-face black-haired block of wood into a short, chubby Irish-accented schmuck? 

Edited by Gray Bunny

• Members

18 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

I don't get it either. Harmon has always been well-received and enjoyed by viewers for years. His most successful pairing was with the show's leading lady, KKL, plus his pairing with Darla was a strong "B-couple" at the time. Somewhere along the way, they decided to permanently treat him the way Eric & Stephanie always treated him: second fiddle to Ridge. From lackluster pairings with Donna to off-screen romances with Taylor, to his two-day mourning period for daughter Aly. 

It's never made sense how they backburnered him. The actor wanted to work; he was available. And he wasn't cornered into a blissful marriage like Kristen (with Tony) or saddled with Antonio Sabato Jr.'s kid like Felicia.  I could see B&B eventually recasting Kristen if they wanted to flesh out the role again, as Tracy Melchior is pretty bland (she reminds me of Nicole Forester, the poor man's Cassie Layne on GL), but you had solid performers with Winsor Harmon and Lesli Kay as Felicia. Besides, isn't it wise to keep familiar faces in the roles of Forresters when you've already turned Ridge from a tall, chiseled-face black-haired block of wood into a short, chubby Irish-accented schmuck? 

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Hunk Chandler Massey

• Members
On 9/23/2017 at 8:38 PM, DRW50 said:

To be honest I don't really mind the idea, but it seems pointless as they aren't going to do anything with Thorne anyway. He's probably just going to pork Brooke again.

Um, if they are FINALLY putting Thorne/Brooke back together, and Winsor's not in the role, not only is it pointless, but it REALLLY pisses me off.