B&B Recasting Major Role

John

• Members

Even Brad Bell has better taste than that.

I'm not sure it's anything all that new - the show has had so much stunt casting (much worse than this in some cases, like when slimy Mario Lopez was cast) for about 15 years now.

Vicki Lawrence used to say that Hawaii is a beautiful place to visit and a very hard place to live in. 

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WH has stated that he was fine with being on recurring, and appearing for a few episodes here and there. It seems Bradley got it in his head to do a 2,5 week story with Thorne, and if WH wouldn't commit the time, I suppose Brad had to follow his heart. lol

At least they stuck with the hunky blondish look, although it would have been great to see Brooke/WH again, if this is where it's going. 

• Members

I don't get it either. Harmon has always been well-received and enjoyed by viewers for years. His most successful pairing was with the show's leading lady, KKL, plus his pairing with Darla was a strong "B-couple" at the time. Somewhere along the way, they decided to permanently treat him the way Eric & Stephanie always treated him: second fiddle to Ridge. From lackluster pairings with Donna to off-screen romances with Taylor, to his two-day mourning period for daughter Aly. 

It's never made sense how they backburnered him. The actor wanted to work; he was available. And he wasn't cornered into a blissful marriage like Kristen (with Tony) or saddled with Antonio Sabato Jr.'s kid like Felicia.  I could see B&B eventually recasting Kristen if they wanted to flesh out the role again, as Tracy Melchior is pretty bland (she reminds me of Nicole Forester, the poor man's Cassie Layne on GL), but you had solid performers with Winsor Harmon and Lesli Kay as Felicia. Besides, isn't it wise to keep familiar faces in the roles of Forresters when you've already turned Ridge from a tall, chiseled-face black-haired block of wood into a short, chubby Irish-accented schmuck? 

Archived