Film Awards Thread

• Administrator

Someone had to do it.

Please register in order to view this content

You guys are too serious over one slap. LOL  It’s not Iike Chris got his nose or jaw broken, or the got the shit kick out of him.  Props to Chris for continuing with the show.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have no real interest in seeing  Eyes of Tammy Faye - frankly, it does not look good - but I'm happy for Jessica Chastain, who seems to be one of the more sincere people in Hollywood. I'm also happy she helped get Tammy Faye's story out there to another generation. And, yes, I'm happy that finally someone from Dark Shadows has won an Oscar.

• Members

So Chris Rock makes a lameish joke and Will takes it upon himself to use violence to 'defend' his wife.

Did Jada have anything to say about this? Or does Will feel it's a man's responsibility to punch someone to protect a woman?

Would he have slugged a woman had she made the joke?

Pathetic and embarassing.

So?

• Members

Will Smith is a grown ass man approaching his mid-50's, has been in the industry for over 30 years, and has attended his fair share of public events and award shows to know what goes down with comedians. No one should be making excuses for him or mansplaining his actions. At the end of the day, he got upset over a joke and assaulted someone on live TV during his industry's biggest night. 

Edited by BetterForgotten

• Members

Poor Liza. I didn't know she was in that rough shape these days. She was even more discombobulated than I remember, I suspect not all there, and Gaga was very kind to her.

I don't know if Scorsese was there, but I imagine how he must feel seeing her like that - they were together for a time. Spielberg and other contemporaries who remember her heyday, too.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Will Smith seems to be one of those people who takes things quite literally and maybe doesn't have much sense of humor about himself anymore. I can understand him being protective of Jada's feelings, but this was shockingly unexpected from him. I too wonder if he isn't struggling with some things at the moment because he isn't known for being angry and aggressive IRL, is he?

On the other hand... do you think this was in some way staged to bring more eyeballs to the Oscars? Yes, I know that is cynical, but so is Hollywood. These award shows have been sinking into irrelevancy and shedding audience like crazy for years.

Edited by Cat