Film Awards Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

You KNOW you've messed up when your life becomes reset to a B&B scene on social media, lol.

No doubt, if he had, all the usual, right-wing-nuts would have been all over the Internet and cable TV, decrying the incident as further proof that white, Christian Americans are under attack in this country.

Which would have been a massive shame, because if anyone deserves a KNOTS LANDING slap across the face, it's Ricky Gervais.

• Members

Yup.

I'm surprised people aren't standing in line waiting to take their shots at him!

I mean, out of all the jokes and references he could've made about Jada, he made one from 1997?

Edited by Khan

• Members

It's kind of funny to see all the "What if it was a white comedian? or "What if it was a woman?"

We don't need to come up with alternate scenarios. This was a very specific situation. These are people who have had a beef for years. You know what Chris Rock is never going to do again? Talk mess about Jada.

I do wish these event hosts stopped looking at these gigs like they are supposed to be a Comedy Central roast. It's one of the many reasons I've stopped watching awards shows. 

• Members

My advice to Chris Rock:

1. Don't press charges.

2. Do apologize to Jada, if not to Will.  (Comedians shouldn't ever apologize for the jokes they make, but they also shouldn't joke about things that can't be helped...like losing one's hair.)

3. Pledge money and/or support to organizations that promote Alopecia awareness.

4. MOVE. ON.

• Members

I think what is often missing from this analysis is the fact that it will still be one of the highest rated live TV events this year; aside from sports.  No other awards show or political event comes close.

However did anyone find it weird that the show seemed to sponsored by cancer drugs rather than movie commercials?  There were some movies, but mostly drugs and encrypted email commercials.

Edited by j swift