"The Conners" Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I could see that, re: Jackie, Becky & Louise owning the Lunch Box.  Hell, this would be the perfect time to bring back Martin Mull as Leon, one of the few important characters from the original that still hasn't been touched upon (other than Andy, lol, who's probably in the attic for all eternity alongside Jerry) 

• Members

:::shrug::: I liked it. I don't mind the continuing story aspect of it. 

Agree with @Vee about last week's Darlene/Jackie altercation. Powerful stuff. I think they wisely had Jackie say that Darlene can't take Roseanne's place as being the matriarch of the family. You just know that was inspired by the haters out there... 

• Members

Yep, it was.

I like it that way.

Same.

And the Darlene/Jackie altercation was a long time coming and I really enjoyed it. Great stuff. Really really really captured the feel of the original series. I appreciate anytime they bring up Roseanne the character.

• Members

Yes. I particularly appreciate the way the writers crafted Roseanne's job journey, introducing various locales and vivid new characters. Somehow, it never felt hokey to me, nor desperate ("shaking things up"/"keeping things fresh" for the new season), it all felt pretty organic.

Add me to the chorus re: Jackie and Darlene's blow-up. I love how the writers are exploring family dynamics after the loss of a loved one, particularly how Jackie and Darlene who have always been so close (I don't recall them arguing even once in the original series) are now at odds.

Edited by SFK