Dallas: Discussion Thread

• Members

It was difficult fitting Lucy into the show and her storylines were always pretty much islanded.

Maybe had Mitch been a businessman and could have some connection to JR/Cliff? Lucy could have been more connected.

Or Pam got her a job at The Store?

Charlene, by her appearance and characterization of Lucy never seemed to mature. The idea of Lucy at Ewing Oil for example doesn't work for me.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think when she returned in the later years there was a place for her. She was sexier and had finally gotten rid of that baby-ish look. She also came across more self assured and smart. Had they taken that and given her a husband to move in south fork and complete with JR it could’ve worked. Instead she just floated around for two years until she left town. It was especially odd since they’d added so many young characters yet still have her nothing to do. I feel Knots could’ve used her in those later years but I don’t think Joan Van Ark would’ve enjoyed an adult child. 

• Members

Marilee Stone, member of the oil cartel, CEO of Hurst Oil, was always one of my favorite side characters.  It was always a fun episode when Marilee showed up.  She was a great shoulder padded cougar with Casey Denault, and an interesting foe for Cliff.

She is how I wish Lucy had grown up, classy, bi-atchy, and a little snobby.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The start of the Joan Rivers & Victoria Principal feud. Joan shreds Victoria in a not so subtle way by bringing up her lying about her age and Andy Gibb. VP takes it in stride. A few years later Ken Kercheval was on Joan's late night talk show where Joan called VP up and gave out her home phone number live on air. VP sued Joan and was awarded quite a bundle. The amount was not disclosed, but VP joked it paid for her Picasso.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the info. Actress Kelly Harmon (sister of Mark Harmon) did a lot of those radio ads as well along with being the spokes person for tic tac for years. Kelly and Mark's other sister Kris Harmon married teen idol and TV star Ricky Nelson. Their daughter Tracy Nelson is an actress and was married to Falcon Crest actor Billy Moses. Tracy's twin brothers had a 80's rock group Nelson. 

• Members

I'm loving it.  Still on S1 as I'm watching certain eppies multiple times.  Lucy was a piece of work and Ray was Scum.  Bobby already got a crack at him and if I recall correctly, JR's men will drag him too.  

Not sure why Dallas felt they needed to make Ray a Ewing, especially when they ignored the incest.  Ugh!  

• Members

By Season 4, Steve Kanaly felt like the character of Ray had nothing left to offer, so he was thinking of leaving the show. From what I've heard, it was Larry Hagman who suggested making Ray Jock's son in order to keep SK on.

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members

IIRC, I think it was Camille Marchetta that claimed that the other writers objected to the Lucy / Ray affair in season 1 because they wanted to make Ray a Ewing even back then when Jacobs was running the show. So the idea was there from the beginning, but snuffed out as long as David Jacobs was with the show.