Sign in to follow this  
John

Dallas: Discussion Thread

Sorry I cant find Dallas Discussion outside of the 10 moments

So if it exists please merge

So I have questions about the final season

Did Charlene Tilton, Barbara Bel Geddes and Shree Wilson quit or get let go???

5 minutes ago, John said:

Sorry I cant find Dallas Discussion outside of the 10 moments

So if it exists please merge

So I have questions about the final season

Did Charlene Tilton, Barbara Bel Geddes and Shree Wilson quit or get let go???

Charlene was brought back as you know and then let go as the writers felt there were no stories left for Lucy. Barbara quit the show and Sheree I believe was let go.

Sheree was pregnant, so she wanted out.

Charlene Tilton was let go.

Barbara Bel Geddes was offered to appear in limited episodes like Howard Keel, but she told them to go F themselves (in a more ladylike manner, of course).

As you can tell watching it, they pretty much cut back on every actor except Larry Hagman and Patrick Duffy due to budget reasons.

That season just seems so Random Marry Bobby & April then have Susan Lucci kill her

No explanation on Lucy. At least they said Ellie was traveling but it felt odd Clayton would show up without her

People say Patrick duffy leaving killed the show..but the dream season finished in the top 5...others say that the show died when they came up with the dream season explanation...the show did drop to 10 or 11...but Pam quitting caused the show to leave the top 20.  The backbone of the show was JR vs Pam...imho

13 minutes ago, Soaplovers said:

People say Patrick duffy leaving killed the show..but the dream season finished in the top 5...others say that the show died when they came up with the dream season explanation...the show did drop to 10 or 11...but Pam quitting caused the show to leave the top 20.  The backbone of the show was JR vs Pam...imho

Actually it finished at #6 for the season. The cliffhanger where Bobby returned was #1 for the week.

I thought the season that he returned was a much better season but by then fans were outraged at how Bobby returned and Dallas ranked #11.

Pam's exist car crash ranked #3 for the week. You could tell by the end of 87 that Dallas didn't have too much left in it. I thought Dallas should have ended during the 88-89 season where Sue Ellen said her goodbyes to Dallas and JR.

Edited by Soapsuds

I hated James, but I LOVED Michelle and especially Callie. Callie was underrated among core fans because she was a later season character, but the actress was very good and I liked most of her stories. I do wish they'd done more with Lucy when she returned though. Especially with younger characters like Michelle and Callie to interact with. They didn't work enough on building that younger generation which could've helped the later seasons more.

1 hour ago, John said:

Did u like the additions of Callie, James & Michelle?

I hated them all. They were all horrible. All three came cheap money wise and thus the hiring.

Michelle was an odd character - it was like when they decided to change April from a gold-digging skank to Bobby's new love interest, they gave her personality transplant and just created Michelle.

Callie and JR were so yucky (sorry - Hagman's age was SERIOUSLY showing at that point) and her introduction storyline was horrible.

Sasha Mitchell as an actor was lol. Hot, but lol.