Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting.  I think that speaks to what a lot of posters have said regarding these characters, they're interchangeable.  Nothing sets them apart from the other, which is particularly sad to say when it comes to Abby.  She shouldn't be so forgettable.

And since Adam isn't coming back anytime soon, there's arguably no need for either MCE or EH.  They've tied so much of Chloe's motivations to that character, it's hard to buy her as Kevin's sex kitten (besides, GR doesn't work in those stories anyway).  Since both Jelly and  UpChuck retconned Chelsea/Adam into being The Greatest Love Of All Time, Chels needs to go, or at least a rest.

• Members

Generally there's been a load of complaining (and negativity) on this forum as far as I've seen. I don't think it's that bad, and I don't think it's that good. Mainly, it's miles ahead of anything I've seen from Chuckie. But that's just my opinion.

• Members

It's not BAD at all. It's just...middling.

I think people would feel differently about this Dylan storyline if we hadn't known Steve Burton was leaving for like 5 months. I feel like I'm watching Days of Our Lives here waiting for him to go. 

They should have had Dylan just leave town. He's encountered nothing but betrayal and misery since coming to Genoa City. This whole undercover Miami stuff feels like a bad TV movie.

The best thing about this week has been that investor Lauren's been courting...because I like a beard and chest hair. Dat's it.

• Members

I'm giving them a few more weeks to see where they go.

The production needs work. Too much light, more background music. Hopefully they read these forums and improve on things that don't work.

They've made Steve Burton tolerable, but he can't leave soon enough. It's weird how we haven't had any more exits announced. Maybe a surprise return or something.

• Members

I'll second that.  Good one, Mo.

@ajsp35801 it's been a slow week.  Today looks to be ok so far, a break from the Newmans at least.  And Hevon is on.

They really did a good job with Devon's injuries.  He looks like he was put through the ringer.

Archived