Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes! This is what I've been saying, this is Lauren's story, no one else's, that's the only thing that makes sense.

SS needs to salvage this before it gets completely out of pocket. Maybe an occupational hazard on my part, but this can be fixed. Will it be fixed? I have no idea.

• Members

I really wish that SSM would make Kevin a bisexual character and pair him with a man instead of pairing him with Chloe or Mariah!

@GregNYC: The real reason why JVA left Y&R wasn't because of LML, it was because she wasn't accustomed to the rigors of filming a daytime soap and its demanding production schedule!

• Members

I don't want Noah with kevin. Much like Mariah and Chloe, I don't buy that out of all the men in the world, Kevin's the best he could do. No. I can't buy anyone attracted to Kevin, with his past acompanied with looks. GR needs to at least try to look like he's on a daytime soap. Try to make me think these women could look past Kevin's disgustingness and lack of money in that town. At least be fine. 

• Members

Really, what is the deal with GR/Kevin?  He has survived (and at times thrived) through every regime change of the last 10 years.  I don't get it.  Well, truth be told I could get it if the character was still a scumbag and a criminal.  At least he was interesting then, and I think playing that kind of role is GR's strength.

What are these soap "professionals" seeing in this character that they keep him around?  4 different EPs and HWs now have found value in Kevin.  It's baffling.

• Members

I'm with ya on that. I've been wondering the same for the longest time.

also agreed on Lauren's story needing to be about Lauren. Disappointed it's now become about Gloria.

Yeah. The writing and casting of Noah and Kyle has sucked for the most part. I know he gets knocked a bit but I really don't mind Adamson as Noah. He's just boring and looks like Nicks brother not his son. But I think he can work as Noah. JMO. I like the supporting material they're giving him for the most part. But I think he'd be better off if Noah were gay. He hasn't exactly worked with the women they've paired him with. Marissa was fine but leagues above him and I didn't buy her with him.

Archived