Y&R January 2017 Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

™ Me

But seriously, can you believe that ish? I can't. I refuse. At some point her time on the show is going to pass Dru's and that is just unforgivable to me.

I'm actually fascinated by actors who manage to stay on a soap for years yet make no real long-lasting impression. Maybe CK isn't a good example because some percentage of the audience thinks Christel Khalil is a good actress. 

For example Aiden Turner was on All My Children for 7 years

• Members

At this point Khalil has surpassed every Hastings/Barber/Winters/Hamilton in longevity except Mamie & Neil.

I can believe AT was on AMC that long because he was a believable fallback relationship for just about every female on the canvas.

By the time the character was written off he'd been with almost EVERYONE. Kendall, Greenlee, Maria, Mia, Di, Anita, Erin, Annie, Amanda.

• Members

That's how I feel about Kelly Monaco on GH.  Or Kevin on Y&R.  Or Rex on OLTL.  Or any of Michael Easton's GH or OLTL characters.  These people are/were vets on their shows.  They survived multiple regimes.  As a viewer, they have always just been a waste of time for me.  CK's Lily is the same.  At least since she was a teen.

At this point I would love for her to be given something real to do, just to justify her longevity.  Anything.

Archived