Y&R September Discussion

• Members

It was nothing close to that! It was, however, the most exciting thing, directing-wise, the show has done in forever.

Hand held is definitely usually done to signify intensity, and to bring you right into the scene in a new way. OK, it wasn't top notch, but it was pretty decent, and it also gave us a lot of new camera angles we very rarely see.

I wouldn't be surprised if PB was at least up for an Emmy. He should get it. He did pretty well, especially when he broke down for a little bit.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ICAM.  The Peapack experiment was horrid.  These scenes were immensely better and while not perfect, it adds depth to the production and I liked them.

Todays show was pushing hard the "true love" between Phyllis and Jack.  It's not, and never has been.  However, I fuckin loved how they wove the flashbacks into Phyllis' stand alone stuff at the Abbot house.  Very well done.

The character interactions today were wonderful.  I'm enjoying this show for the first time in years.

• Members

For viewers who didn't see the Jack/Phyllis during first marriage, it's probably hard to understand the real depth of the relationship. This era has only been two years and a big chunk of that was Marco and then Billy. I loved the Jack/Phyllis the first time around when MS returned to the show. Then the emotional upheaval caused by Phick followed by Jack delivering Summer. The relationship was intense. Unfortunately, with the recast and the storylines that context can't be shown. Oh and I still think GT is great. 

• Members

His bloviating was bad for me too; I just  cut him off started watching another show and never went back.  Why Billy dumb-dumb caved to tell Ashley then quickerthanthis she caved to Jack I don't get.  I'm not interested in another Jack/Victor battle either.  Jack never wins and its a waste of time.  I did like when Billy called him out making nice with Victor is "why Phyllis turned to me.." 

• Members

When multiple people are telling you the same thing, take the fuckin' hint. You are the problem.

Stop coming here every few months just to act shocked and upset that people are "too negative" and "too critical". Either come here or don't but realize people post how they're going to post, same as you. You have no say and no one is interested in what you think of how the board critiques the show. Deal with it and move on.

• Members

I think Victoria, IMO because of the actress who plays her. Billy needs some work....because this outright arrogance of his has grated my last nerve now. 

it just hit me that the first person who went to Phyllis' aid was Michael. He dropped all that anger towards her and went to be by her side. I'm LOVING the show right now...even with its faults. 

oh BTW...whose green office with the cityscape in the background's office is that? Neil's?

• Members

Re: Sharon - I hope they don't pin her as the villain in the Chrully reveal. The best case is that there is 'shared' parenting with Sharon & Nick. The good thing about this story is that Chelsea knows the truth and that will end up being an intriguing play as the relationship with Nick/Chelsea develops.

I wish they wish split Lane forever. CK isn't even 30 and she's painted as an old lady stuck with a guy in his mid-40s. Free her please! 

As Roman mentioned, the Michael/Phyllis relationship needs to be big here. Phyllis needs a friend right now and no-one gets her more than Michael. 

Archived