Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So after bonding with Chelsea last week, Mariah quits Chelsea 2.0 over Chloe. Clearly the new writing regime is making some changes on the fly here. Thursday (U.S.) was clearly the weakest episode in several weeks, but still better than what we were getting. 

Even when being civil, Funny how Nikki, manages a dig to Sharon about how Chrully being 'big for his age, etc.' Normally what should be a compliment still comes across as some sort of criticism of Sharon. Anyway, Sharon should have said well it's because he takes after his grandmother. I don't mind because Nikki & Sharon should always have that certain friction. 

• Members

At this point, GR can't pull off playing gay either. Kevin isn't any gay male fantasy. He currently doesn't have the looks. Maybe with a tan, 20 more pounds of muscle, and a trendy haircut, I'd believe he could drop male panties. But right now? No! 

And I don't care whether GR wants it or not, it'd be irresponsible to make Kevin gay. Sends the wrong message all the way around. 

• Members

Here's something you can all cut eyes at me for: Jamey Giddens, of all people, suggested Tuc Watkins for a Phillip recast. Honestly, I'm for it.

I know, I know - but Tuc is a great actor and capable of doing serious work, not just slapstick like Ron Carlivati gave him at OLTL. He showed a facility for more both before and after OLTL, on the online OLTL and on his many primetime and cable appearances both prior to the 2000s and much more recently. I'm down. Mock me if you will.

• Members

I'd enjoy Phillip returning (with Tuc in the role) if the story was there. If there were no restrictions and we got a great gay love story. I'm talking along the lines of RobRon (of Emmerdale). I didn't care for Jamey's suggestion that Kevin and Michael be his love interests. If anything, I wish this show would rid of the Fisher/Baldwin brothers. Free Lauren. Free Chloe and Mariah. 

• Members

I don't think they should be Tuc Watkins' love interests, no (maybe one, not the other, that's just weird).

I do think both Baldwin brothers are gay/bi and that playing them as str8 men doesn't fly. And I think that is a kind of taboo concept that can be a pretty big story, if the show wants to be honest. The Michael/Lauren angle would be a riff on Todd Haynes' Far From Heaven, with Julianne Moore playing wife to the deeply closeted Dennis Quaid, though Michael would be a more sympathetic figure. Kevin's story would likely be much more twisted, probably.

Archived