Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kevin is asexual, 100% asexual, and Michael is at this point too far removed from any story about sex or passion. 

I don't think Tuc as Philip is a bad idea, if they have the story. The problem is they generally do not. 

I always thought Cane fucked him for cash and a way to get out of the gutter. I still do. They should explore that.

• Members

Yeah, I thought about that more I was only partially watching last fall so I missed a lot, but I didn't think there was more than a month or so (and that's our time, not soap time). I get that they are trying to bring the story back to the forefront slowly. Heck, it's been months since Dr. Anderson was killed and that was a big mistake. Nick and Sharon should've had opportunity to confront her, but I'm sure Prattostrophe was just trying to ensure that Sharon would be the crazy scapegoat. Clearly this will be THE story that launches November sweeps, which starts in four weeks. 

• Members

Looks like we're stuck with StePhyllis under new writers. Too bad. Because, of course, any sane person would choose a 'job' over a share in company and a job. I really don't get this at all. So suddenly Phyllis doesn't see Marco when she looks at Jack? Maybe this is just a device so that Phyllis & Billy can keep running into each other. 

Ooh Ashley/Travis..... I can handle some Ashley/Victoria trash talk. 

• Members

THIS!!  Lauren with Michael has always been so icky for me. I never ever saw anything with them as a couple. Chloe and Mariah are just being wasted on with nothing to do Kevin give me a storyline I am here character.

Tuc as Phillip? Hell No.....Tuc is so out there and I just cant stand his acting. He needs to stay far away from TV.

• Members

Tuc is actually a good actor. I've realized that from watching his original stint on OLTL where the material was more serious than it was under Carlivati. He actually showed range b/c there was range in the writing. If the writing was there, he'd be a great Phillip recast. 

Back to Lauren, I've never seen her and Michael as couple either. I enjoyed when she was screwing Carmine b/c it was classic Lauren. Lauren needs a damn hunk. Michael ain't cutting it. Chloe and Mariah need male suitors too. Sucks that this show was squandered a huge portion of their young male leads over the last decade. No Kyle, Noah, Chance, Carmine, Ronan, Tyler, Mason, etc. All of them have been tossed aside while we've been stuck with weasel faced Kevin, who is FAR from young.

Archived