Y&R September Discussion

• Members

I don't think Leslie was too young. Yeah, she doesn't have to mother Devon or Lily, but she would've been a good female lead for that family. 

Do I think that Hillary taking off played a part in Leslie's demise? Yeah. However, Stitch's family was expanded around the same time that Tyler and Leslie were written off, and they were given the same backstory as them. I don't think that wasn't just a coincidence. 

(re: Billy, Summer, Chloe, Chelsea) Yes, they are front and center and they should be! However, all roads involving them shouldn't start and end at Jack or Victor. IMO, it's time for Jack & Victor to take backseats. Those characters are too played out in my book. Let Nick, Billy, Keemo, Noah or Kyle be the next driving force of the Newman v. Abbott feud. 

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I was gonna have Victoria, Sharon & Nick settle down too but only with serious changes.

Those changes would be a recast (Victoria) rehab & a new romance (Sharon) & being permanently single (Nick).

But since Amelia isn't going anywhere, Y&R acts like Nick is a 20 year old college freshman & Sharon is Y&R's punching bag they will continue sucking.

• Members

Totally agreeing with DeeeDee.

Any romance stories for the vets is stretching credibility. 30 years on the frontburner will do that.

They need to rest Jack and Victor etc and move them into strong support.

Look at the impact Shemar had when he came on. And the attention Lamar and Roderic received.They really need a hot black character (Nate Hastings?) to come in and shake things up.

• Members

If the woman isn't going to mother the children in the Winters family then she isn't a matriarch. Devon and lily need a mother to enrich their stories far more than Neil needs some PYT on his arm. Like you said, it's time to focus on the next generation. It's pointless to pair Neil with some woman that is too young to mother and grandmother those kids. 

I agree that the similar back story wasn't coincidence. It was this show being lazy and repeating story as the show is apt to do. Summer's little criminal husband Austin got the exact same back story and entrance story as Hilary around the same time and he didn't replace her. Matter of fact, she's still here while he's long gone. So both those sets of siblings could have existed had the show wanted them to exist. But the show decided to pair Neil with Hilary. That meant there was no place for Leslie since the show, for the most part, has no use for, or idea what to do with, a black woman that isn't providing story to Neil. Thankfully, they seem to have finally figured that out. But possibly too late as the damage to Hilary has been done. Viewers don't trust her and seem to still want her gone. 

Yes, I agree there. It seems to start and end with jack or victor for almost every character on the show. What they are currently doing with travis is an example of this. It's not just Newmans or Abbots either. Even Devon and Hilary have exchanged Neil for Jack as the catalyst for their story too. 

Neil has his condo. He seems a permanent bachelor now so I think that works for him. I truly do. And this is from someone who is very sensitive towards KSJ, CK, and BJ getting their due 

If he were to remarry and the show was going for a solid family unit type thing with the lady raising Moses and maybe bringing in a teen to round them out, then I'd agree that Neil should have a house where Lily and the twins could move in when she FINALLY leaves Cane or Devon could move in when Hilary puts him out for cheating on her with Roxy and getting her pregnant. But as things stand, I think it's a waste. He's got a similar set up as Michael and Lauren. I don't see a problem with it at this point

• Members

I'd love this. But his purpose dictates who he'd be. If he is to be a romantic love interest for lily then it can't be Nate. 

Story setup: Hilary's brother is an aspiring writer. Since she doesn't  like or trusts  the writers at GC Buzz, she calls him to join the company. Have Mariah, abby, and lily all work there. Mariah as Devon's assistant. Abby in marketing. Lily gets a fashion and style show, which is preparing to be launched. Hilary needs someone on her side. The show wants her to rival every woman for no reason so she'd never be given a female friend. And Pratt has beat into viewers head that she's working an angle on every man she looks at so it can't be an unrelated male. 

Archived