Y&R September Discussion

• Members

Vee, I complain plenty myself. But sometimes the criticism feeds on itself and it gets tired. I'm not shocked and appalled by it, though.

Accept it or make ve on? LMAO. I think I'll post what I want to post. I don't take direction from others on my social media posts.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Did Y&R US Wed show the wrong previews for US Thursday?? I just watched the show and it clearly didn't have the hospital scene previewed. Bizarre. Anyway I glad Billy reminded everyone of Jack/Jill. The Nikki/Phyllis scenes were unexpected and I liked Ash/Nikki at odds - been too long. Lots of love for Hack. Ash will be begging Jack to take Phyllis back if that happens. 

• Members

I tuned in 20 min into the show. I was surprised at how many vet to vet interactions there was. The Jack and Phyllis scenes were horribly shot and directed. And Peter Bergman's acting was way over the top bad.

I still cant stand the Winter family. They were written so horribly that I just cant with them anymore.

• Members

I loved the handheld cameras for Jack & Phyllis' confrontation. They did a good job with that considering daytime's limited time for rehearsal/multiple takes. Of course, Sally McDonald was directing, so if anyone can pull it off, it would be her.

But couldn't they have, I don't know, cleaned up a little bit before they did that? Dusted off the floor just a tad? We rarely get to see so much of the floor so clearly, and that rug... boy, it looked like it needed to be thrown out 20 years ago.

Overall, the directing is doing things again but, yes, the lighting needs to be fixed and, URGENTLY, the music. That horrid, insipid, intrusive, giving-DAYS-a-run-for-its-money muzak!!! Aaaargh. 

Archived