Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

no red herring. They clearly rushed this because the Ashley/Jack scenes (US Wed) were so awkward. Anyway, I hope this finally put the de-aged Phyllis away from Aunt Jack once and for all. I'm not thrilled with weepy StePhyllis at all, I hope this unleashes scheming Phyllis. No way would she be victim to Jill's threats without producing some type of counterattack. 

On another note, maybe it's just me, but SB has been so much better the past couple of months on the mission to get Victor  

• Members

Young was awesome today.  No way Chuck was in the writer's room when these outlines were done.  This show has felt like women are in charge of the writing for about three or four weeks.  Given that Pratt removed YR from his Facebook bio about 2 months ago.  I wonder if the writers were just working from long story document of his.  Beldner/Taylor did a superb job with the script.  Jack's tag line about "I heard ...." wow.  Great soap.  GT still rocks the house. She's the new Kim Zimmer but more nuanced.  She is the best recast of any major character other than Sharon Gabet on Edge of Night.

• Members

Posted my gush earlier, but agreed.  I felt the same way about yesterday's show.  Very well done, from production to the writing.  Best ep in a long time.

I loved David Tom as Billy and it's taken awhile to warm up to JT.  His performance yesterday was really good.

• Members

I keep thinking how great Billy Miller would be as "Billy" for the past couple of weeks but as far as Philly is concerned, not once have I imagined MS as Phyllis. No. Sad that GT still seems to be so stiff.

BTW: Hi everyone! :) I have not watched very much since Pratt took over and I tried to tune in a few weeks ago and I just could not stand more than about 2 minutes. And it really ticked me off that Y&R had become that way. I've watched and read recaps for the past week or so - ever since I read about Mal Young replacing Phelps. Chuckled when I read Nina Tassler was out at CBS too.

I've gotta say though that Victor has been ruined for me to the point that I actually get nauseous whenever EB is on screen. I read all about what he's done since last year. Do I dare hope that insulting the fans where Victor is concerned is over?

• Members

Yes. It was a huge adjustment - especially since JW had played a hooker on Capitol. I recall the first time I saw the character there - and no offense to JW - but my reaction was that ugly woman is a high class hooker? When JW got the role- I was flabbergasted- especially considering that BD oozed sexuality wearing those inappropriate cleavage-showing evening gowns at the office. But JW grew her hair and started to let loose. Ultimately, her acting won me over hands down. I'm so glad she's back on the show in a major way. 

Since I rarely give him credit, PB was outstanding today. I hope revenge Jack is back and I hope StePhyllis disappears as well. Don't get them back together. 

Archived