Y&R September Discussion

• Members

So I finally think this epi I won't cry. Everyone has stepped up their game. Now looking fwd what I want to see happen sooner rather than later: 1. Sharon finally gets caught and has to get readmitted for proper treatment. Sully finally is given to his real parents!  2. Jill needs to be told to shut up and cut the umbilical cord!  3. Let Billy and Phyllis, Victoria & hottie, Nick & Sharon, Dylan & Chelsea be long term couples.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry for gushing about the production values again, but the new mid-show title segments look great.  I think Mal is doing all he can but there HAS to be a writing change.  Today's show wasn't bad, I actually tolerated Billy and Phyllis.  Travis is a great add, but he needs to get away from Victoria.  Pair him up with Chlesea on a trial basis cuz she and Nick have no chem whatsoever.  

I didn't understand why Dylan wasn't at the memorial or why Sharon was hanging out with the Baldwin boys.  Michael was by her side in that dumbass Austin murder story but not much since.  It just seemed odd.

I wasn't feeling MCE today either. 

• Members

MCE was GREAT today. That was a powerful, moving performance that was real and not overly theatrical. Just superb work. 

Mal's work has been incredible, and I'm in awe of how good the show looks and sounds. He's made a thousand little changes, and they all matter.

The writing is much better -- more layered, more character-driven -- and anyone still bitching about Pratt has to admit this is a DIFFERENT Pratt they're bitching about. 

Travis is GREAT with Victoria. This is the first time Amelia Heinle has had chemistry with a romantic partner since Billy Miller. Pair Travis with Chelsea? Huh??? 

I'm not ready to pass judgment on a Nick and Chelsea pairing. We haven't seen enough to know if there's chemistry. 

• Members

Obviously, we have much different opinions of the show.  And that's ok.  It's what makes the world go 'round.

However, whatever marginal improvement there's been to the writing, the stories all originated prior to Mal's promotion.  The basis of them are sloppy, plot driven crap.  And I think I've called out some of the more character driven scripts, like the time that was spent a few weeks ago with Abby and her miscarriage.  I know that if JFP were still around, those scenes would have never happened.  We still have the nonsensical Sully story to play out, the affair (and I did say I didn't mind them as much yessidy) and the mess with Adam's death.  So no, I don't feel the writing is "much better".

Mal has done wonders, that we agree on.

BTW, I will say Travis has been the best thing to happen to Victoria in awhile.  But I'd still like to see him chem tested with others.  And I see the reasoning behind Nick and Chelsea, but they are as dull as dishwater.  It was a suggestion on my part, nothing more.  

Overall, I like MCE, but that memorial speech was far from her best work.  Far.  

• Members

Love that Jill is back on canvas but the ending was alot of scenery chewing and gasping. It wasn't good, although I'm sure she's having a heart attack or whatever, it was way over the top.  And why are they writing Paul as such a complete yelling a-hole?    It's been going on for months.  Don't care for the character anymore.  Crotchety old man, just like Victor.  The scenes and yelling with Dullan are painful....and it's just another story - yet same story, another day, with Paul yelling and asking WHY one one of his people wants to continue an investigation.  This latest one was a head scratcher because if Victor could be involved....why would Paul stop an investigation that could implicate Mr. Breathy Mumbles?  When he's been wrong a few times when his people keep working on their own and prove him wrong...? 

• Members

Call her out for WHAT??? She isn't dating Nick. She's not showing any interest in Nick at this point. Calling her out???

Agree with you about the scenery chewing with Jill, but I liked it anyway. I'll take it.

Same with Paul. I'm also in agreement that his stopping investigations is tired, but I still liked his scene with Dylan, and this story has made Dylan relevant.

i thought today's show (Friday) was excellent. Lots of drama, lots of energy, lots happening, and everything looking great.

• Members

So when Chelsea hooks up with Nick, like Sharon, she'll have bagged both of Victor's sons and both of Nikki's sons. Sharon still wins because of Victor and Jack (Nick's stepfather). I pray MCE isn't subjected to that disgusting fate! I fully expect some twisted writer down the line will decide that Sharon should bed Paul and possibly Ian (Mariah's whatever he was)  

Archived