Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Members

Agreed on all points. Bethany was a clever use of a lesser, but known, recent character to pin this on. JW is truly energized and I'm very pleased they brought her back and IDC if her primary motivation is Billy, which actually makes sense considering how Jill shuffled him off to boarding school when he was younger. While it's obvious that MTS has probably lost a lot of airtime with return of JW, I hope they find a balance to showcase the two matriarchs of Y&R.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm annoyed that we haven't heard anything about Pratt being axed from the show; maybe it is just wishful thinking on my part. The production has certainly improved, but I would still change the lighting to better fit what the show used to look like.

• Members

Obviously the nonsense with Adam has been dictated by JH's availability. Seriously, wardens don't comment on sentences like that on the spot. And since the guard's status unknown nothing would happen in DA's office to pursue this until a full investigation was conducted by police, etc. I know they're in a bit of a jam trying to figure out how to keep JH, but they could just send him out of town for an exciting Newman business venture, etc. 

• Members

I am hearing rumblings CBS is trying to bring back Shelly Altman to YR. Altman wrote somw gutwrenching stuff with the Delia storyline. It was so Bell written when she writing YR. I love Shelly so much at GH i feel she can head write her own soap.

• Members

Why not just keep Adam in jail and have Chelsea move on? That seems like the simplest thing to me. They also could have had him lose his mind more permanently and end up institutionalized for a couple of years. There have been tons of opportunities to write him out. I keep thinking this is it, but it never is.

• Members

They could have had adam divorce her from jail and transfered without telling her where to push her to move on.

But I guess that doesn't work with the soul mate love they've been selling for Chelsea and adam for years now. I guess she loves him too much and would wait those 30 years. 

• Members

I loved the opening with MTS & EB talking about their experiences on the show. I expect we'll see more of these leading up to next week's 11,000 episode. 

Overall Monday's show was pretty good. It had a lot of energy and intensity. The script still had flaws: Chelsea to Adam: 'Michael's been working day and night..' Yeah, except that only one day has passed as Chloe to Kevin: 'Michael told Chelsea last night' about Adam thinking guard was Victor. Other than that, better than most. 

• Members

I only started watching again about 3 years ago so I missed all of the first round of Billy, Adam, etc.  But I feel completely differently now.  The show looks better but there isn't a storyline I really care about.  Nikki's constant propping up Victor to her children when she knows what a snake he is...Victor constantly playing God to "protect his family" when he's the one who creates the messes and then his excuse is 'he didn't know it would get this far'.  Adam's angst - tired.  Constant waffling that they'll find their way out of it because of his love for Chelsea and the kid, then the next day- stay away from me and move on.  Chelsea's angst...tired.  Chloe - miserable.  I could care less if Summer marries Luca or not (what has been his point on the show beyond Marisa??). I like Gina Tognoni but they are writing Phyllis just so angry and mean - turn that around.   There isn't a single story I care about, and everything is so heavy and miserable.  Sharon's baby swap / dead Sage - starting not to care about that completely.  Devon and Neil don't do anything but revolve in Hilary's orbit. There's a reason their ratings are dropping like a rock....they can improve the look but if they don't get some stories going they're going to be lucky to last 5 more years.

Archived