Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

third.

But it's all to show what victor did was fine. He will play family hero at Phyllis' request. 

The biggest problem is the shows refusal to write for and truly invest in any man under  30. They are totally stuck on their 40 something male leads. At least that's the problem for mariah and Abby. Hilary and lily have totally different issues that won't be solved with with more younger men. 

I don't get adding Chelsea into this number. There is nothing stuck about her. The show ensures that she's always at the forefront with a pairing and story no matter what's going on with Adam. 

Chloe just cane back. I'm sure she will fall into that Chelsea category this time around. EH didn't come back to be paired with GR. 

• Members

^ I added Chelsea because for months her story has completely involved/revolved around Adam (supporting him when Victor ended the Chicago job, the Chrully reveal and the frame-up, etc.) Very little of what Chelsea does is Adamless. At least we saw Chelsea 2.0 the other day. I would've chalked it up to JH's schedule with his show, but it's extended much further back than the past couple of months. But MCE is far better off than most of the other 'younger' actresses on the show 

• Members

Billy has to be at least 40 years old and Jill thinks  he is going to let his loud, overbearing mother tell him what to do?  This is what JW was brought by for? What a waste.  Good for ED that she is back to her reality show among other projects. A house didnt't have to fall on her at Y&R!

• Members

Why is it stupid?  Because Victor put a fake Jack in Phyllis's bed putting him way over the line at least as far as I'm concerned.  Phyllis is screwing her brother in law, neither one of these a holes has any credibility whatsoever and that's what makes the writing for this story line so sucky when it could be great.  I do agree that the show is looking a lot better but if the writing doesn't improve, if they get rid of Luca and Travis instead of bringing them on board in a major way and making Victor pay in a big way it won't make any difference.  The show will still suck.  I would like to invite someone from the writing staff at Y&R to post on this board, anonymously, and assure me and the anyone else that cares, that the writing for this show is going to get better.  I really can't be disappointed anymore, I'm at the end of my rope.

And BTW, Hillary is being completely and totally wasted on this show.  This talented actress needs a decent story that doesn't include Devon or Neil. 

• Members

^^^ I hope you get your wish with Hilary and she gets a story far away from Devon. Unlike some, I feel like he's being wasted as her purse holder, bank, and yes man. Hoping that they break up and writers give him more edge so they can actually finally attempt to write for him and let him drive story for a change. Do something besides defend her and be her moral compass. 

• Members

I agree on MO. She has come a long way. However, I still think she's too tall for a Devon and Abby pairing. It'd look too distracting onscreen. I'd rather see him doing business related stories and spark a friendship then romance with Chloe. Always thought they made sense and that BJ and EH had chemistry. But I saw real spark back when Devon was the benefactor for the Delia valentine's day fundraiser. He can play daddy to Bella until her true paternity is revealed and HELP RUN (very important he be shown doing this) and fund Chloe's fashion line under CI umbrella to rival Chelsea 2.0. That's a story I want to see. 

Since they insist Hilary must be paired  with one of their old guys then free Devon and allow writers to go for hilary/Jack or Hilary/Neil 3.0 . Just don't have him around pining for her on the sidelines, which was clearly Pratt's plan. What sense does that make in a world where Kevin has 3 young love interests? 

Archived